Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fake German passport 1939...

Article about: Hello, Was wondering if this riddle may be solved... The research I have done on these old 1940's copies of a German issued passport, suggests that the actual passport was a fake: there is n

Default fake German passport 1939...

Hello,

Was wondering if this riddle may be solved...

The research I have done on these old 1940's copies of a German issued passport, suggests that the actual passport was a fake: there is no person living between 1933-1945 under Nazi German rule who had those names or dates of birth. The only fact I know is that they where 'found' by the Germans in 1941 when they overran Lwow city.

Tnx,
    Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake German passport 1939...   fake German passport 1939...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake German passport 1939...
    P
    Many

These are postcards?

They seem to be copies of an 'actual passport', paper looks like postcards; maybe then would be 'photo-copies'?
    The paper manufacturer is German?

How weird.....postcard photos of fake German Jewish prewar Passports?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Indeed.
    The paper seems to be German? but they where located in old NKVD files in Lwow...
    Research proved no such person ever existed...

?

My grandfather had a similar item, he got it at the Auschwitz museum in the 70's....a possible reason that the person didn't exist, as I doubt they would use real ID's to produce tourist postcards...I remember seeing it as a kid inside the guide book he bought

Dought it that a museum would fake items for tourists...

Just got a reply from Yad Vashem museum in Jerusalem:

"There is in our Shoah Victims' Names Database, which is available on line on our website, a page of testimony about a victim named Wilhelm Dux, born 1904 in Deutschkreuz, Burgenland, Austria, profession: backer, who went missing in Russia at the end of the war. Except for the date of birth, but this kind of detail is often roughly approximate on pages of testimony, all the other details about this person match the details on the German passport of which you sent us a copy.

Therefore there is a high possibility that it is not a fake passport, but the real passport of late Wilhelm Dux."

So this could be real images of a real used passport, not fake, as implied by a different museum in the US.

Another question: why would the NKVD make copies of a passport and save it in a file? or did the Germans do that after 1941?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake German passport 1939...   fake German passport 1939...  

a mystery in Russia.!

If they were part of a NKVD file copy of a passport would each print not carry a NKVD stamp and file reference number in order for officials to keep track of the file contents? The annotation on the back of one of the postcards appears to be the Polish language "NWKD"?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast