Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or Real Signature

Article about: Hi, Is someone able to tell me if this Arthur Greiser signature is real. It is from the SJS Militaria website. Thank you

?

Default Fake or Real Signature

Hi,

Is someone able to tell me if this Arthur Greiser signature is real.

It is from the SJS Militaria website.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or Real Signature
    P
    Many

It's handwritten but can't say if it is his or not. However a small tip when collecting autographs, without clear proof or authentication, try to stay away from loose paper slips with signatures. They are the most faked material with fake signature and easily pasted on other material or to add extra material, also fakers try to train their fake signatures as much as possible on such slips before adding it on real postcards etc. The fake factory (who released a lot of fake signatures worldwide and many dealers sadly have them on their website) use most of the time the same signature per individual (no variation in the writing) so you can check for yourself. A very good website to help you out is: wartimeautographs.com. I myself will also list wartime and postwar signatures in my shop and I (will) have to do a lot of authenticating before adding it to my shop. It's a minefield and you can easily see it, many dealers have fake signatures, sadly.

?

Good advice and thanks for the link .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I would hazard that this is not good, however this is not a fake factory signature, far too sloppy to be one of theirs.
    You can see where the writer has stopped multiple places in doing this.

Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would hazard that this is not good, however this is not a fake factory signature, far too sloppy to be one of theirs.
    You can see where the writer has stopped multiple places in doing this.

Morris
    True, it isn't a fake factory, I gave an example when people collect or will collect signatures they can spot the ones from Fake Factory as seem to only use one signature per individual on most of the items. Thanks, Paul and Morris. Hope to hear and see more from you guys.

We have a signed photos thread, with probably almost a thousand photos in it, check it out ! Lots of good examples of wartime and post war.