Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feld post number I.D.

Article about: Since many years, I see pieces with "Paris", and I am in Paris, so I think all the German Army must go in my town during the 4 years of occupation. At the beginning I bought : it's

Default Feld post number I.D.

Gentlemen, can some one I.D. these numbers, L21133/W (or is it L21133/W ?) or L.G.P. Paris.....see attached photo of Feldpost box I have just acquired.
    Thanks in advance for help/information given.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feld post number I.D.  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feld post number I.D.
    P
    Many

I have spent the afternoon doing some research on the web, this is a first for me as I do not usually dabble in things TR !
    This is what I have come up with on Feld Post Nr L21133/W.......the letter "L" for Luftwaffe, number 21133 for the following units.....
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 5. Zug Fla-MG-Reserve-Kompanie 103
    (25.9.1940-15.2.1941) gestrichen
    (15.2.1942-30.7.1942) Stab II Schutzen-Regiment verstarktes
    Regiment Hermann Goring
    (31.7.1942-9.2.1943) Stab III Schutzen-Regiment verstarktes
    Regiment Hermann Goring
    dann Stab III Schutzen-Regiment Brigade Hermann Goring
    dann Stab I, 1.-3. Kompanie, Kolonne u. Werkstatt-Kompanie I
    Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring
    (10.2.1943-23.8.1943) Stab I, 1.-4. Kompanie, Kolonne I u.
    Werkstatt-Kompanie I Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring
    dann Stab I Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring
    (6.4.1944-9.11.1944) 6.7.1944 Stab I Fallschirm-Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring.

So I assume that the letter "W" at the end of the feld post number is for Werkstatt-Kompanie ? if so either, "1.-3. Kompanie, Kolonne u. Werkstatt-Kompanie I Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring (31.7.1942-9.2.1943)" or "1.-4. Kompanie, Kolonne I u. Werkstatt-Kompanie (tank Workshop Company) I Panzer-Regiment Hermann Goring(10.2.1943-23.8.1943)" would seem to fit............
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

Really nobody ? ...............and I thought I did not know about such items !
    Disapointed ! Steve.

Hi Steve, you have it right.

Nice to have something to such a good unit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the confirmation Ade, I had no idea I had actually got it right ! I needed a TR guy to set me straight.....
    The packet came with what purports to be the man's awards inside, EK II, Ost & West Wall medals, matching ribbon bar, black wound badge, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and SA sports badge, as HG Panzer Division was in Poland, France (stationed in Paris) and Russia, I see no reason why they are not his.
    See below, thanks again Ade !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Hi Guys - Sorry, not my thread, but I figured I ask here as well - over at the "Field Gear" thread my fellow forum member 'Vegar' couln't find anything (THX to him anyway) - maybe better luck here...

I picked up this gasmask set recently - see thread: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field-...k-up-426252-2/

...and it had the owner's name and F. P. number on it:

Obgfr. Hugo Sonnefeld
    F. P. Nr. 02 103

The set is from 1944.

Is there any info out here - or this is just not enough to search?

THX in advance!

Feld post number I.D.Feld post number I.D.

Fabe, Feld post number 02103 is for "(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 2. Kompanie Nachschub-Bataillon 593".
    Here is information on that unit..... Nachschub-Bataillon 592 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    hit the translate button. Hope that helps.
    Prost ! Steve.

Nice haul Steve! Not your usual items of interest though....

Do you know the maker of the EK2?

Best regards

Hi Nick ! no not my usual collecting interest at all, I have a few TR items, but I was interested in this set on two counts, 1) it was cheap & 2) coming from a named soldat from a famous unit......I think I shall keep them a while............................they are not in hand at the moment, when they are I shall check for makers and make better images.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Feld post number I.D. 

another image........................
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast