Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldpost translation if possible?

Article about: Hi guys, I have a couple of feldpost letters I would love to have translated if possible. Here are some pics of one of them, I'm sure the SS stamps are bogus as the rank on the rear looks to

Default Feldpost translation if possible?

Hi guys, I have a couple of feldpost letters I would love to have translated if possible. Here are some pics of one of them, I'm sure the SS stamps are bogus as the rank on the rear looks to be Gefr (Gefreiter), which was not used in their rank structure. Thanks for any help!

Feldpost translation if possible?Feldpost translation if possible?Feldpost translation if possible?Feldpost translation if possible?Feldpost translation if possible?Feldpost translation if possible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost translation if possible?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feldpost translation if possible?

Indeed stamp is fake.. It is sent from a Gefreiter at Stab und 1.-3. Kompanie Feldersatz-Bataillon 187. Infanterie-Division, dann Stab und 1.-3. Kompanie Feldersatz-Bataillon 187 der 87. Infanterie-Division which is Wehrmacht not SS.

Also, it's not so easy to translate a letter like this, you have to know gothic German and be able to read hand writings like these (and usually the translators want high quailty scans). Usually costs 10-20 euro to have a letter like this one translated.

Did it use to have a flower or something in it or what is the yellow mark in the middle?

?

I've been collecting Feldpost for a few years and I am now focusing 100 % on collecting it.. I like it, because it's not expensive and you can do a lot of research on it. Also there is not a lot of fakes compared to for example SS helmets and SS awards.. This is actually the first fake SS letter I see! Very sad to see that people are starting to make fakes here to... Especially sad to see them ruin a historical object like this, totally disrespecting the soldier who actually wrote it, by puting on a filthy fake stamp on it

Thanks for the info mate

I don't know what was in the page there, it looks like it could be a flower since you mention it. The marks seem to be pollen stains.

I just found some info on the guy with his fpn.

(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Ausbildungslehrgang 223. Infanterie-Division

(1.2.1941-11.7.1941) Stab u. 1.-3. Kompanie Feldersatz-Bataillon
    187. Infanterie-Division
    dann Stab u. 1.-3. Kompanie Feldersatz-Bataillon 187 der 87.
    Infanterie-Division

(25.1.1943-31.7.1943) Stab u. 1.-3. Kompanie Feldersatz-Bataillon

Unbenannt 22.04.2006 21:13 Uhr

(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) 223rd Training Course Infantry Division

(1.2.1941-11.7.1941) bar & 1.-3. Company Field Replacement Battalion
    187th Infantry Division
    then bar & 1.-3. Company Field Replacement Battalion 187 of the 87th
    Infantry Division

(25.1.1943-31.7.1943) bar & 1.-3. Company Field Replacement Battalion
    187th

Unnamed 04/22/2006 21:13 clock

?

How come you want to have it translated? Just curious or have you taken a interest in the letter?

It's unfortunate that it cost so much to translate.. I have a lot of wehrmacht feldpost that I will never afford to translate.. I payed 2 euro / letter so spending 10 euro/each to translate them seems redicilous..

I always translate my SS feldpost, and in almost all cases, the translation fee also exceeds the price of the actual letters themselfs!

Just curious really, it would be cool to see what Otto was doing

Seems a lot to pay but I suppose it can take a lot of time to do. I'm surprised there isn't some software that can read handwriting, I might look further into that.