Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Female strassenbahn workers

Article about: New to forum and hope I don't mess this up.I primarily collect civilian organization artifacts of the 3rd Reich.I have never been on a forum before,I prefer to read.Lately I have had the des

Default Female strassenbahn workers

New to forum and hope I don't mess this up.I primarily collect civilian organization artifacts of the 3rd Reich.I have never been on a forum before,I prefer to read.Lately I have had the desire to show some of what I have collected over the past 25+ years.So I landed here too bad for you gents!Any other ladies here?

Decided to show a few of a set of photos I have of Strassenbahn workers.I love photos,there is always a story there and much information on how uniform regulations were followed or not.

Female strassenbahn workersFemale strassenbahn workersFemale strassenbahn workersFemale strassenbahn workersFemale strassenbahn workers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Female strassenbahn workers
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum! You've got some nice and doubtless uncommon photos there.

DRK
    ?

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time on this forum , people are friendly here and will help you when you have questions or need some feedback about an item.

Nice to see you focus on Third Reich civilian items , I collect civil headgear

Nice photos !

Theo

Welcome to the forum Claudia, there are several photo collectors here so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Great pics too!

Claudia welcome to a most friendly forum.

I would like to know more about what you say: "and much information on how uniform regulations were followed or not".
    Do you actually have company regulations for males and/or females, serving at streetcars for Strassenbahnunternehmen
    or busses for Kraftomnibusunternehmen?
    Just curious to know!

Mr Saris,

I do not have any company regulations of the period on what you have requested.That statement was made by me based on seeing photos of civil employees making due with what they could afford and their uniforms being pieced together yet not truly up to regulations.In the photos above you can see that 3 ladies wearing o/s cap with the national eagle in 3 different locations on the cap.I can only assume that the placement of the eagle would be in the same position?

Claudia

Quote by Claudia View Post
    Mr Saris,

I do not have any company regulations of the period on what you have requested.That statement was made by me based on seeing photos of civil employees making due with what they could afford and their uniforms being pieced together yet not truly up to regulations.In the photos above you can see that 3 ladies wearing o/s cap with the national eagle in 3 different locations on the cap.I can only assume that the placement of the eagle would be in the same position?

Claudia
    I was curious. The reason: in 40 years of research about uniforms in general, which included also Deutsche Reichsbahn, Privat- und Kleinbahnen, as well as Strassenbahnunternehmungen and so-called Nahverkehrsmittel, I have hardly found any published regulation. Just some announcements about by tramways personnel worn uniforms and colors to be worn, or colors not to be worn at all! Comparing many photographs you would see that often there are quite some differences. Even the wearing of an eagle at the left side of a field cap styled headdress or other styled symbols. Also other forms of headgear were worn by ladies, as visored caps, berets etc.
    At the moment I am writing volume 6 for "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" and withing the chapter about Reichsbahn, there will be a section about headgear and insignia, worn by tramways. For the Reichsbahn there was a specific positon for wearing the eagle and/or cockade. For tramways this could be different, while the municipal-council decided what to wear, or the company made this decision!

Further proof of the creative energy of our site.

Occasionally a company-magazine published an article about the wearing of a dress or uniform.
    For example in "Die Fahrt" from March 1, 1933 from the BVG (Berliner Verkehrs-Aktiengesellschaft)
    an article was published about what the public would prefer, when a uniform was worn.

At left: does this please you? At Right: does this please you better about "Kleider machen Leute"
    (Fine feathers make fine birds). The company preferred a correct wearing and not given the
    public a slovenly view on their employees!

Female strassenbahn workers Female strassenbahn workers

It may be of interest to know that each employee owned a 1. und 2. Garnitur (so two dresses/uniforms), plus
    a summer uniform and a great-coat. The BVG had their own stocks and repair-workshop. It is funny to read it
    is mentioned: "does one wear the uniform during service, or does one wear the uniform when getting wood and
    coal for the house or potatoes or when working in the garden"!

Welcome, Claudia...There are indeed Ladies on the Forum, and we're happy you chose WRF to share your photos...
    I have discovered Ebay.de (EbayGermany) to be an excellent source of photos, and I encourage you to take a look there as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast