Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

finding a file at NARA ?

Article about: Hello, How can one locate, easily if possible, a file of an SS individual? And another questions, how can one trace information of service of the same individual that appear in a book? I am

Default finding a file at NARA ?

Hello,

How can one locate, easily if possible, a file of an SS individual?
    And another questions, how can one trace information of service of the same individual that appear in a book? I am searching information on Karl Heinrich Plath (born 1907 and died (?) 1980), looking for information when he was chef at Sinel'nikovo...

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture finding a file at NARA ?   finding a file at NARA ?  

finding a file at NARA ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement finding a file at NARA ?
    P
    Many

You can try emailing NARA and asking them if they have the personnel file of him. Pass them his full name, date and place of birth and service (i.e. SS officer) and they might have a quick look for you and let you know what Series and Roll it is on. If not then it might be easier to hire a researcher to look for you.
    Or you could try BA-MA in Germany.

Will do so, thank you very much!

another question:
    I suspect he might have been part of the Sonderkommando 1005 operating in the region from 1942-44...
    is there a list of SS staff that can be traced for that unit?

was there a Waffen-SS unit called " Erg.-Stelle Weichsel (XX) Gotenhafen" ?

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    another question:
    I suspect he might have been part of the Sonderkommando 1005 operating in the region from 1942-44...
    is there a list of SS staff that can be traced for that unit?
    I have no idea but if such a thing exists then I'd imagine it is in an archive somewhere. I believe (but not 100% sure) that the UK Archives at Kew have thousands of decoded messages that relate to the Einsatzgruppen/Sonderkommando 1005.

Thank you again for your advise and help!

have added images that are in the photo album: from Jan 41 to Oct 41 was in Norway, from Dec 41 to late 44 claims to be in in Goteshafen (?) but there is online information, see above book-pages, that he was in the Ukraine...any clues form the images where they could have been taken?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture finding a file at NARA ?   finding a file at NARA ?  

finding a file at NARA ?   finding a file at NARA ?  

finding a file at NARA ?  

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    .....from Jan 41 to Oct 41 was in Norway, from Dec 41 to late 44 claims to be in in Goteshafen (?) but there is online information, see above book-pages, that he was in the Ukraine...any clues form the images where they could have been taken?
    It would be Gotenhafen (present day Gdynia in Poland) that it refers to. As for the pictures, there doesn't seem to be anything to go on in them; they seem like touristy snapshots. A couple seem a bit 'fjord-y' so maybe Norway?

Yes, maybe some Norway and some mixed from somewhere else?
    I trying to find something to place him in the Ukraine...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast