Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Edition Mein Kampf?

Article about: Did klaus butschek just have an amber version in his last auction? Anyone know if that was a genuine piece? This has me curious. Edit : Found it. http://www.butschek-antiques.com/201...r-edi

Default First Edition Mein Kampf?

Hello,

I am helping a friend who is helping an elderly couple with their estate. They have a huge collection of WWII books and memorabilia. I am trying to find out all I can about the items, including values, if possible. I'm not sure if they're going to try and sell individual items or sell it as a collection.

One item that I'm having problems finding information about, is what appears to be a 1925 edition of Mein Kampf. The main problem is that the binding, while old, doesn't match anything I've been able to find online.

It is inscribed, and number 135 of 500. Could someone have rebound it in leather? The pages have gilt on the edge, as well.

I believe the inscription is to Mr. & Mrs. Lüdwig Häring, but I'm not sure about the rest of it.

Here are some scans and photos of the book (any banding is due to the scanner, and is not on the page):

Cover

Spine

Spine Damage

Book Number

Title Page

Copyright Page

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Edition Mein Kampf?
    P
    Many

Default Re: First Edition Mein Kampf?

Having it rebound would drastically damage the value-I would leave it original-despite any condition issues. You've found an Excellent and Rare edition and Inscribed by Hitler himself, no less. If you're looking to sell it-drop me a line! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The known patterns of Hitler's signature changes a lot, and I'm concerned that this pattern does not match the 20's pattern at all. It does however, match the later patterns...i.e. during the 1930's.

It was first published in 1925 which is the date appearing on the
    title page. ( second printing 1926 ) Hitler's signature - if proven
    to be original - will make this particular copy quite valuable,
    regardless of it's condition.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Having it rebound would drastically damage the value-I would leave it original-despite any condition issues. You've found an Excellent and Rare edition and Inscribed by Hitler himself, no less. If you're looking to sell it-drop me a line! William
    Just to clarify -- I think a previous owner may have had it rebound in leather, as the binding doesn't match any versions of the 1925 printing that I've seen, but the leather shows a lot of age.

Default The red leather Mein Kampf

What evr happened to this copy of Mein Kampf. I would like to buy it. If sold how much did it sell for? Thank you.

Quote by aethervox View Post
    Hello,

I am helping a friend who is helping an elderly couple with their estate. They have a huge collection of WWII books and memorabilia. I am trying to find out all I can about the items, including values, if possible. I'm not sure if they're going to try and sell individual items or sell it as a collection.

One item that I'm having problems finding information about, is what appears to be a 1925 edition of Mein Kampf. The main problem is that the binding, while old, doesn't match anything I've been able to find online.

It is inscribed, and number 135 of 500. Could someone have rebound it in leather? The pages have gilt on the edge, as well.

I believe the inscription is to Mr. & Mrs. Lüdwig Häring, but I'm not sure about the rest of it.

Here are some scans and photos of the book (any banding is due to the scanner, and is not on the page):

Cover

Spine

Spine Damage

Book Number

Title Page

Copyright Page

The book was sold. I'm not sure what the exact price was -- I do know that it turned out that several pages were partially missing, which reduced the price.

Default The REAL deal.

I saw a white leather version of this very first signed and numbered edition of Mein Kampf #15 out of 500 for sale on ebay for $19,000. Most people don't know these limited editions exist and think that the more common red cloth with the white spine version is the first edition. These numbered editions are the REAL deal and ultra rare. I have read that some have brought more than $60,000 at auction.

Quote by aethervox View Post
    The book was sold. I'm not sure what the exact price was -- I do know that it turned out that several pages were partially missing, which reduced the price.

There are Many editions of this book...including ones bound in Amber...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I know there are many editions over the years but there were only 500 of the first edition. Are you saying that the amber version was one of the first 500 in 1925 ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast