Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

First edition Mein kampf. Is it worth it.

Article about: Hello there. i am considering buying a first edition of mein kapf. I have found one advertised here. ***super rare original 1925 first edition copy of Adolf Hitlers Mein Kampf *** what i wan

?

Default Re: First edition Mein kampf. Is it worth it.

I am looking for something hopefully from the 3rd Reich, something rare, and something likely to appreciate in value. i want to pay under $1000 but i could go as high as $10,000 assuming its worth it. What would you suggest?

And no luck finding any first edition mein kapfs around?

thankyou

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

That's a very broad price range? You want to spend under $1000 but are willing to pay $10,000 for something?

Can I suggest you stop and think about exactly what it is you want to collect. Think about what you really want. Most TR items appreciate in value - they certainly never loose it in my experience. You could get a decent helmet or two, a high end decoration, Allach porcelain, a few signed personality photos, a rare photo album from an elite unit or personality - the list can go on.

No-one here can tell you how to spend your money and what to spend it on, that choice has to come from you and you alone. You need to decide where your interests lie and what item will give you personally the most bang for your buck as the saying goes.

Spend some time on the forum, use the search function, use Google. We can make suggestions, advise you on your choice and tell you if a certain item is authentic and maybe help you with value but as I think you're quite inexperienced (apologies if I'm wrong) in this field of collecting you really don't want to rush into anything you later regret.

Well said Adrian!

?

Yes, Adrian is right on the money. I would suggest getting an RK or SS lid. Maybe a nice tunic. Always check with us before you pay for anything, though. TR items are heavily faked, especially SS items.
    Dean.

I only made it about 1/3 through my 1st American edition of Mein Kampf before putting it down. What a piece of cr@p!

?

I want something absolutely authentic, no repros. something that is limited in number to a small amount. Is portable, and has a very high chance of appreciating significantly within say 10 years. what would be the best item for that. my interest is not really in any one thing. but in the third Reich itself. They were the worlds last true "enemy" now its all fake wars, with people who fight, becuase their children are drone striked.

Well, I have seen 1925 Mein Kampf at least 1-2 times a year in German auctions and usually prices are under 1000 euros ($1200-1400 or so). My opinion is that $3500 is far too much.

If You want to invest some money like $10 000 and double it in 1-2 years there are much better ways to do it. Very rare III Reich items also have many few potential buyers. If something costs more that $200-300 it is already hard to sell it because most collectors do not want to spend so much money. So my opinion is that it is not wise to buy some overprice III Reich item and hope that the prices will rise. Prices can also easily fall. For example all SS stuff is extreemly overpriced. I personally never see the II Reich items I have as investment. For me it is just a hobby.

?

Its not that i want to invest, i just want somewhere to "park" my money, and i see that as alot more interesting way to do it, than seeing some zeros in my bank

and it would be pretty awesome to have for instance a painting by Hitler, and comment to people when they ask, that you have an original painting by the fuehrer XD

?

If you want to park your money and see it increase you should not be looking at TR memorabilia. There are many other places to see $10,000 increase in value over ten years. Bear in mind that outside of the collecting community, no-one is really that interested in TR collectables. You will only be able to re-sell to people within that minority group and there is no guarantee your item will have appreciated significantly in the meantime.

In reality, how many people are going to be that interested in if you have a painting by Hitler? How many are just going to nod and give you a 'yeah......oookaaaay.......' look as if you're a bit mad?

In all seriousness and with the greatest of respect, if you have $10,000 at your disposal to spend on something you know nothing about and just want for the 'wow' factor you are going to lose that money. Someone somewhere will be happy to take that money off you and disappear into the sunset after giving you a bunch of lies and feeding you a crock of the proverbial.

If YOU want to spend up to $10,000 on TR memorabilia you do not want to be looking at Hitler paintings. You want the solid and collectable pieces that a lot of people will want to buy in ten years time. FJ or SS helmets, an unmessed with SS tunic, a cased Ritterkreuz, look at the amount of these things that people buy compared to the exotic. You want to put your money in something reliably saleable.

If I had $10,000 to blow on militaria, I'd buy an M1 Garand and an SS helmet. Then you will have something sexy and something to defend it with.

Go buy one of these and you will be set: SS_Steel_original_helmets

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast