Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII

Article about: Found this interesting Konvolut a few weeks ago. It shows WKI pilot Max Leppin and his soldbuch Blades with entries of EK I+II, Pilot badge and a "Ehrenbecher für Luftsieg".After W

Default Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII

Found this interesting Konvolut a few weeks ago. It shows WKI pilot Max Leppin and his soldbuch Blades with entries of EK I+II, Pilot badge and a "Ehrenbecher für Luftsieg".After WKI he served in the "Eiserne Division"in the Balticum.Also there is a pocket watch"marked with Deutsches Heer".

From WKII area there is his nazi badge and Parteibuch that shows his entry into NSDAP in 1933.Is that a original signature from Adolf Hitler??? And a original picture 6x9cm that shows him and Hitler on a airfield.

Does anybody knows, what do Leppin in WKII area???
    Its just to sold on Militaria321.

Regards
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII   Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII  

Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII   Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII  

Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII   Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII  

Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nikolaus; 07-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII

Hi Nikolaus,

Here's the same photo of your man and his aircraft, taken just before the massive German assault of March 1918 with details of his squadron at the time.

"Lieutenants Leppin and Basedow, of Fl Abt 234, pose beside Aviatik-built DFW C V just prior to the launch of the great German offensive of late march1918.Aimed at thrusting through to the French coast to sever contact between the British and French armies, the role of the Field Flight Sections in providing tactical information was crucial in the run-up to the 21 March zero hour.To this end, 49 Field Flight Sections, or approximately one third of Germany's total two seater assets were directly deployed in support of the offensive. The DFW C
    V was the mainstay of the field Flight Sections until into the summer of 1918 and the operational arrival of the DFW CV."

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: A bit more.....Google Translate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flighter pilot Leutnant Max Leppin,from WK I to WKII  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.