Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??

Article about: I purchased a book yesterday all in german dated around 1930's it's a book on hitler. Inside the book there's a book plate with Hitlers name on it, with the front page having writing on it a

Default FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??

FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??I purchased a book yesterday all in german dated around 1930's it's a book on hitler.

Inside the book there's a book plate with Hitlers name on it, with the front page having writing on it as though the library ID number , matching number is on the spine of the book . I was wondering what does it mean by the book having Hitler's book plate and matching ID number? I have a feeling I know but I wanted more then just my opinion on this.

Thanks...

The hand writing on it seems to be of date at that time period , the dealer I got it from is located at Snyder's Treasure Trove: Collectible Militaria but I got it in person at his antique store booth with other millitary items
    Last edited by nicholas; 08-05-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??
    P
    Many

Can you show pictures of it please? If the bookplate made the book more expensive than it should be, it might have been added to increase the value, but hard to comment without pictures. It would be strange that it had not been noticed by the seller and similar items have been added to books to fool the unwary.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

hey i posted photos, the dealer is reputable from what I can see , and he knew it was in the item.

Synders treasures ???????
    he is one of the biggest fraudsters on the web.
    Just do a search on this forum and you will see some of his comical items.
    I think he knew it was there because he placed it in the book.
    I advise you to try get a refund before it's to late.

Quote by nicholas View Post
    hey i posted photos, the dealer is reputable from what I can see , and he knew it was in the item.
    Hi, the photos were not visible when I looked.

The dealer has a very bad reputation and is considered by many to be dishonest, so it is very likely that you have been duped into buying a book that has had a spurious label added to it to increase its value.

Try searching his name on this forum and you will find information about him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

THe Ex Libris Adolf Hitler labels are heavily faked and available for $20 for 10 on iCollector, iOffer, Ebay etc. As already said, if you bought it from Charlie Snyder you may as well of been dealing with Old Nick himself, his reputation as a conman is legendary. If you have no direct vet provenance attributing to finding this in Hitler's personal library with photo's taken at the time you may as well forget it. For every genuine piece, there are literally thousands of fakes out there, it's a very cheap way of turning something worth pennies into hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FOUND: Book with HItler's Bookplate inside , information ??  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.