Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Fraudulent Document Example

Article about: I offer this as an example of fraud that is actually very clever, but seriously flawed. I acquired this many years ago when a very good friend died and I inherited his research files and &qu

Default Fraudulent Document Example

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	card.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	610421

I offer this as an example of fraud that is actually very clever, but seriously flawed. I acquired this many years ago when a very good friend died and I inherited his research files and "stuff." It purports to be a thank you card written by on behalf of, or by, Adolf Hitler to Hermann Göring and his wife. The inference is that the Görings threw a big party for Hitler at Karin Hall on the evening of 20 April 1942. The first problem I found with the card's claim of authenticity is that I don't believe that Hitler was in Berlin on 20 April 1942, which if true, would make it impossible for him to have attended a party at Karin Hall. I recall a clip from a Deutsche Wochenschau newsreel that showed the public activities on 20 April 1942 and in the clip Hitler is visited at his wooded headquarters by high ranking Nazis and service personnel. I think the clip was shot at his HQ known as Felsennest which was near Münstereifel. But maybe those of you who are better informed than I can correct that. The writing style is "old fashion" and in keeping with the time, but there are three mechanical flaws in this document that cry "Fraud" to me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	card 2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	610422
    No. 1 is the date "Im April" instead of a solid date. Why, if the document is genuine, is the date not specific?
    No. 2. das Entgegen kommen is actually one word, das Entgegenkommen which translates as "the courtesy" or "generosity of." No German typing an official document for Hitler would make that mistake.
    No. 3. auszusprechen is never broken between "c" and "h." It is correctly broken as auszusprech-
    en between the "h" and "e." Again, no German writing an official document for Hitler would have made that mistake.
    My gut feeling is that the blank card itself is genuine, probably one of thousands that had been pre-printed on cardstock with Hitler's facsimile signature, or it's a Meissner signature. Again, those of you better informed than I can probably correct or confirm this.
    The point is, as is repeatedly expressed on this Forum, beware and confirm before you buy no matter how real it looks. Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Interesting.

?

Good thread Dwight. The flaws would go unnoticed by many.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wíyópeya oki hi sni"

Thanks for posting, Dwight. A good reminder that we always need to be on our toes with a potential buy. Great work!

Luke

?

Great post Dwight , the card is designed to fool the majority of collectors who have no understanding of even the basics of the German Langauge !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings