Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Fremdunpass

Article about: Could anyone help me with this here - as to some of what is going on... With the stamping and such - anything interesting here or just a basic passport? I would truly appreciate any feedback

?

Default Fremdunpass

Could anyone help me with this here - as to some of what is going on... With the stamping and such - anything interesting here or just a basic passport? I would truly appreciate any feedback about this. I am trying to put together some sort of papers together on my items that can help out explain them.

Thank you very much for any input at all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCF03132010_00000.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	89644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCF03132010_00001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	89645  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCF03132010_00002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	89646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCF03132010_00003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	89647  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fremdunpass

Foreigners ID card.
    This one for a polish forced worker employed as farm hand.

Hard to read the smaller print but It's a passport. Says so in heading of the second photo. "Ungultig" on the 1943 purple permit ink stamp means not valid. It expired. The later 1945 one was still vailid at the time. The owners nationality says Polish but as far as I can tell was born in Koln(Cologne) I would think that made him German.Strange if I'm reading it right. Next to Geburtsort it says Koln. Geburtsort means place of birth. I can't read everything clearly, but his Beruf (occupation) says Landarbeiter. Which indeed means farmer.

Since this topic is labled FREMDENPASS, I would assume that this is, what is printed on the front not shown??

Americans often make the mistake to belive that beeing born in Germany make one German. That is not the case, if his parents were polish citizens, their son is also polish.
    The limitation of movement to the Köln area is a strong indication that he was a forced worker. This entry made him an illegal alien outside of Köln. What was a serious offend in 3rd Reich.
    But I have seroius doubts that the place of birth is entered correctly. Maybe it was enterd because the official doing it, could not identify the polish place of birth. That is because in 1915 there was no Poland and he would most probably have been German if born in Köln, like the Ruhr-Poles.