Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Fuhrerbunker Photo

Article about: Dave. looks like a great project. Looking forward to seeing your end results.. John

Default Fuhrerbunker Photo

G'day All,
    I am hoping someone will be able to help me here, I want to get a poster size print done from a picture for a display I'm trying to do. I have attached the pic in question, it is a pretty well known pic of the wrecked fuhrerbunker taken in 1946 or 47. I have a mate who is a printer who is going to enlarge the pic to poster size for me but he reckons that the pics I sent him are not good enough to enlarge to the size I want. He says that I need to try to find that pic in a book, scan it and send it to him because the detail comes out better that way. Does anyone have this pic in a book because I thought I'd have it in one of my books and I don't! If you do, I'd love to have it scanned and sent to me. Thanks all, It's a big ask but it's worth a shot,
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuhrerbunker & chancellery.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	364059  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fuhrerbunker Photo

Hi Dave, not a pic I have, but obviously one, like most, are familiar with.

Given that is a Bundesarchiv print, I wonder if it would be worth the investment of you buying a copy? The quality of the final poster would be much higher if taken from a print verses a scan from a book? No idea of costs having said this...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, I wasn't aware that I could! I'm happy to buy a print of the pic if I can, I've never looked into buying pics before so never really thought about it. I'll google bundesarchive and see how I go,
    Cheers, Dave.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Worth search Neue Reichskanzlei on the site too.

?

Not a 'big ask' at all. If I had the pic in a book, I would scan it and send it to you, but the Bundesarchiv sounds like a better route to follow.
    Good luck with it.
    Keep us informed, pls.

The photo details from the site:

Inventory: Bild 183 - Allgemeiner Deutscher Nachrichtendienst - Zentralbild
    Signature: Bild 183-V04744
    Original title: ADN-ZB/Archiv
    Berlin
    Der sogenannte "Führerbunker" im Garten der im II. Weltkrieg zerstörten Reichskanzlei. Links der Eingang, in der Mitte der Bombenunterstand für die Wache.
    Aufn. Juli 1947
    Archive title: Berlin.- Neue Reichskanzlei.- Eingang zum Bunker von Adolf Hitler im Garten
    Dating: Juli 1947

Thanks Scout!

Ade, thank you very much, you are much better at finding these things than I am and I really appreciate it! Cheers mate, I'll see if I can buy a print from them and I'll definitely post the finished results.

Thanks once again fellas,
    Dave.

?

Looking forward to the grand unveiling Dave, good luck!

Cheers,

Carl
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wíyópeya oki hi sni"

Gents, I'm back with the same question. I contacted the Bundesarchiv in Berlin and they will only sell me a high resolution digital copy of this pic if I'm going to publish it in a book, otherwise they wont. In their words, "No exceptions made!" if anyone has this pic or one similar to it in a book I would really appreciate it if they could scan it for me and email it to me. My mate the printer reckons that he can print a reasonable poster size pic of it if I can get a scan from a book that has the higher resolution pic. Any help will be much appreciated, please PM me if you can help. Even the name of a book with this pic will help, I'll buy the book for the pic! Cheers fellas (and Ladies!)
    Dave.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast