Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fuhrerbunker Photo

Article about: Dave. looks like a great project. Looking forward to seeing your end results.. John

Default Fuhrerbunker Photo

G'day All,
    I am hoping someone will be able to help me here, I want to get a poster size print done from a picture for a display I'm trying to do. I have attached the pic in question, it is a pretty well known pic of the wrecked fuhrerbunker taken in 1946 or 47. I have a mate who is a printer who is going to enlarge the pic to poster size for me but he reckons that the pics I sent him are not good enough to enlarge to the size I want. He says that I need to try to find that pic in a book, scan it and send it to him because the detail comes out better that way. Does anyone have this pic in a book because I thought I'd have it in one of my books and I don't! If you do, I'd love to have it scanned and sent to me. Thanks all, It's a big ask but it's worth a shot,
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerbunker Photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fuhrerbunker Photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fuhrerbunker Photo

Hi Dave, not a pic I have, but obviously one, like most, are familiar with.

Given that is a Bundesarchiv print, I wonder if it would be worth the investment of you buying a copy? The quality of the final poster would be much higher if taken from a print verses a scan from a book? No idea of costs having said this...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, I wasn't aware that I could! I'm happy to buy a print of the pic if I can, I've never looked into buying pics before so never really thought about it. I'll google bundesarchive and see how I go,
    Cheers, Dave.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Worth search Neue Reichskanzlei on the site too.

?

Not a 'big ask' at all. If I had the pic in a book, I would scan it and send it to you, but the Bundesarchiv sounds like a better route to follow.
    Good luck with it.
    Keep us informed, pls.

The photo details from the site:

Inventory: Bild 183 - Allgemeiner Deutscher Nachrichtendienst - Zentralbild
    Signature: Bild 183-V04744
    Original title: ADN-ZB/Archiv
    Berlin
    Der sogenannte "Führerbunker" im Garten der im II. Weltkrieg zerstörten Reichskanzlei. Links der Eingang, in der Mitte der Bombenunterstand für die Wache.
    Aufn. Juli 1947
    Archive title: Berlin.- Neue Reichskanzlei.- Eingang zum Bunker von Adolf Hitler im Garten
    Dating: Juli 1947

Thanks Scout!

Ade, thank you very much, you are much better at finding these things than I am and I really appreciate it! Cheers mate, I'll see if I can buy a print from them and I'll definitely post the finished results.

Thanks once again fellas,
    Dave.

?

Looking forward to the grand unveiling Dave, good luck!

Cheers,

Carl

Gents, I'm back with the same question. I contacted the Bundesarchiv in Berlin and they will only sell me a high resolution digital copy of this pic if I'm going to publish it in a book, otherwise they wont. In their words, "No exceptions made!" if anyone has this pic or one similar to it in a book I would really appreciate it if they could scan it for me and email it to me. My mate the printer reckons that he can print a reasonable poster size pic of it if I can get a scan from a book that has the higher resolution pic. Any help will be much appreciated, please PM me if you can help. Even the name of a book with this pic will help, I'll buy the book for the pic! Cheers fellas (and Ladies!)
    Dave.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast