Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940

Article about: Hi, Hope this is the best place to post this little item that has come my way. It is quite interesting in that it is all complete and is a map set for use by General Staff Officers during th

Default General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940

Hi,

Hope this is the best place to post this little item that has come my way.

It is quite interesting in that it is all complete and is a map set for use by General Staff Officers during the invasion of France. Published 1940, just in time, it has 10 colour maps of north France plus a booklet of town plans for each major area and in the pack a little pocket map of Paris !!!!!!!!! They were very confident eh ?

Hope you like it...each map is marked for use of general stab.........

cheers

Tony

Attachment 892627General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940Attachment 892632Attachment 892635General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General Staff Map Book for Invasion of France 1940
    P
    Many

Made with Michelin maps and the help of German Tourists!
    There is the same for the Great britain, but they had a problem to cross the Chanell!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello Tony,

A very cool find you have here! I would think that this would be a welcome addition to many a collection.

Congrats,

Mart

Cool Score! There are still many, many Undiscovered Treasures out there, especially in the "German Paper-Department" of this Hobby...I encourage all collectors of German Militaria to brush up on their German Skills, in fact, you'd be surprised how much you already know...
    Some of the most precious pieces in my personal collection are documents I bought from (Lazy?) Sellers without a clue what was on the papers they were selling...My German has given me a significant advantage as a buyer, and I strongly encourage folks to brush up on German Military Terms as well...It's very much worth the effort invested and very rewarding, I assure you...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 10-14-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    There is the same for the Great britain, but they had a problem to cross the Chanell!
    I'll look out for the maps of Britain.......that would be a great one to have in the car for reference and direction when the sat nav packs up !

cheers

Tony

Wow, fantastique find!!!

Quote by lebus12 View Post

I just recently found out about this booklet, put out by none other than the vaunted Bodleian Library in Oxford who has one of the few remaining copies, and fairly recently translated it into English. Got one, read through some it, interesting slice of history...