Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German documents and possibly badges?

Article about: Very interesting unit

Default German documents and possibly badges?

Picked these items up in Warsaw with a few other bits and pieces. 4 ration books, a document that I believe to relate to a German soldier being released from French captivity after the War also a nice feldpost envelope with pressed flower contents, I wish there had been some other documentation with it as it seems quite romantic.

Does anyone know what the ID card with the woman on was for? Also, are any of the cloth patches German? I have just added them as they came with the paperwork.

Many Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German documents and possibly badges?   German documents and possibly badges?  

German documents and possibly badges?   German documents and possibly badges?  

German documents and possibly badges?   German documents and possibly badges?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German documents and possibly badges?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German documents and possibly badges?

hello ,

i have no idea where the womans ID card belongs...

the yellow lion patch is from the bundeswehr : WEHRBEREICHSKOMMANDO V / 10. PZ div.

regards t.

The Oberschutze rank pips has got me scratching my head: the backing cloth colour is very "grey" looking and to the best of my knowledge the Bundeswehr never used this rank? Neither did the Luftwaffe.

The colour really does look Bundeswehr grey. Plus coming with the other badge makes me think it even more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Bundeswehr shield is very similar to the SS-Freiwilligen-Sturmbrigade Langemarck arm shield

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Can you confirm the Feldpost number on the ink stamp? I will be able to tell you the unit.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The only number i think i can make out is 49030. Which stamp do you mean?

Thanks

That's the one. He was in the Luftwaffe:

(1.5.1942-19.10.1942) 4. Kompanie Flieger-Gruppe z.b.V. 7,

(2.1.1940-11.3.1943) 4. Staffel Flieger-Gruppe z.b.V. 7,

(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 23.3.1944 4. Staffel Flieger-Geschwader z.b.V. 7,

(25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 4.4.1945 gestrichen.

It is a rather interesting unit:

Fliegergeschwader z.b.V. 7

Feldgrau.net • View topic - ss air service?????

Cheers, Ade.

Gentlemen, the items shown photos 4 and 5 are all Bundeswehr...the arm shield is for the "10th Panzergrenadier (later Panzer) Division" ...the collar patch is for "Pioneer troops" (Enlisted man's version) having a black arm of service base colour...the two "star" badges denote Officer candidate (Anwarter) worn on lower sleeves of the grey four pocket service tunic, worn between 1957 and 1967, when silver/gold litzen slip on's for the shoulder boards replaced them.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you all for the information. So Ade, am I right in thinking that the unit was a Luftwaffe unit subordinate to the SS, that does sound quite unusual. Many Thank.

Hi, yes, you are correct a Luftwaffe unit "For special duties" that worked with the SS.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast