Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German to english translation needed

Article about: These were grouped in with some other papers. Can anyone tell me what they are about?

?

Default German to english translation needed

These were grouped in with some other papers. Can anyone tell me what they are about?

German to english translation neededGerman to english translation neededGerman to english translation needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German to english translation needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: German to english translation needed

The guy was a Hunter. Far right is a hunting permit. All the items are Deutsche Jägerschaft.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The first document notifies the person as to the date and location for his hunting examination (26.4.41) while the second document is his actual certification on passing. The ID card, made out to another individual and not the person named in the other two documents, is a yearly hunting permit. As it is valid for the period 1.4.45 - 31.3.46, I doubt very much that he did much shooting (at least against non-human prey)!!!

?

The Jahresjagdschein is a fine example of the yearly hunting permit.

Rgds,

Carl

?

Thanks guys I owe you all a schnitzel. I have Otto's paperwork up till the sixties. Also had a small badge...pin?.....with the stag emblem on it. Gave it to my brother.

?

I agree the Jahresjagdschein is a very nice example. Shame you gave the pin away, it would've gone well with the permit. Can you post any better images of it please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

body of first letter roughly:

"I hereby advise you that the hunting examination for which you have signed up takes place on Saturday, April 24, 1941 on the hunting grounds of the German Hunting District of Ulm (at the Tuermle-Soeflinger train station). You will need to be at said place at the above time punctually.
    It is up to you whether to bring your own weapon; it is not required as weapons and ammunition will be at your disposal at the shooting range.

(signed)"

The second letter, as previously stated, gives notice that he passed and is qualified to have the license issued to him.