Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Letter: Translation help needed please

Article about: Hi all. I got this with a lot of other Nazi documents, which I will also show in a different thread. Could anyone help me on the translation? I can make out a few words such as Frankreich (F

Default German Letter: Translation help needed please

Hi all. I got this with a lot of other Nazi documents, which I will also show in a different thread. Could anyone help me on the translation? I can make out a few words such as Frankreich (France) which may make sense as the letter is dated June 15 1944, (so I guess France would be in their mind) and of course, "Heil Hitler!" on the back of the letter.

Many Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Letter: Translation help needed please   German Letter: Translation help needed please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Letter: Translation help needed please
    P
    Many

?

Default re: German Letter: Translation help needed please

Looks like a civilian letter written in Mannheim , i beleive , i'm sure Andreas will give you an overall view of the content !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: German Letter: Translation help needed please

It's a letter to the Mannheim Labor Office:

"I inform you that at 7 o'clock in the morning of 16 June, I shall take up work as a master fitter at the metalworking shop of Mr. Stutz at the Neckarstadt Mannheim. I have been able to find a provisional occupation as a master craftsman there, with the prospect of taking over the business later. This is an occupation as a master building fitter that meets my knowledge and skills. Nevertheless, I am gladly looking forward to a better occupation by your placement in the next days.
    It is completely impossible for me to carry out work that requires me to stand in one place for 10 hours for I am suffering from varicose veins in my right leg; my work has to consist of alternately sitting, standing and walking. I also returned home from France with a particularly severe hernia that may yet require a surgical operation.
    As you can clearly tell from the aforementioned facts, I am unable to work in an inferior position, for (because of the varicose veins), I had solely taken the master craftsman's examination in the year
    [illegible] so as not to become a premature burden for the public coffers."

Default Re: German Letter: Translation help needed please

Outstanding, Thank you very, very much.