Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Postal Clippings

Article about: Hello everyone, I purchased this box of postal clippings several years ago and have been trying to find more information about the material and period. I'm assuming the documents were cut up

?

Default German Postal Clippings

Hello everyone,

I purchased this box of postal clippings several years ago and have been trying to find more information about the material and period. I'm assuming the documents were cut up just after the war and sold (to stamp collectors?) to raise money for the disabled, as indicated on the box. The box contains about 300 or so clippings and appear to be from occupied territories. Is anyone familiar with this practice, or could provide more information to me? Thanks for looking and your comments.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Postal Clippings   German Postal Clippings  

German Postal Clippings   German Postal Clippings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Postal Clippings
    P
    Many

Never seen this before. Former Protekt. B + M does refer to Bohemia and Moravia - a portion of Czechoslovakia under German rule during the war. NH

?

Thanks for the information Neil. It does seem unusual. I'm assuming its post-war but just don't know. Part of that reasoning is the English, "Sale in favour of cripples." Not sure how popular Hitler head stamps would have been during that period.

Tom

Tom, Surely a post war collection. Note it says "former" Protectorate. Many folks collected stamps including my uncle who served in the Pacific. It was a pretty popular hobby. NH

?

Ah....yes, missed it. Thanks, Neil.