Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Goebbels documents

Article about: Hi I've been thinking of purchasing these for a while. They were supposedly from the Propaganda Ministry. Do they look genuine?

?

Default Goebbels documents

Goebbels documentsGoebbels documentsGoebbels documents

Hi

I've been thinking of purchasing these for a while. They were supposedly from the Propaganda Ministry. Do they look genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goebbels documents
    P
    Many

Hmmm, doubtful this was "personal" stationery from the ministry. All sorts of post cards were made depicting figures from the armed forces and party. NH

?

Hi Neil. I know what you mean as I own quite a few of those types of postcards but i was thinking that because it it had reichsminister on it it might have even a slight more personal connection?

The text on the back is a description of the image overleaf. It's the same for most Third Reich-era photo postcards. It has no personal connection to Goebbels, save that it depicts his image. It's still very much collectible, as postcards depicting the various Nazi personalities always are, but it's not connected to the Ministry of Propaganda at all.

Regards, B.B.

?

Hi Brodie. As you say the postcard can be ruled out. I was thinking more about the second item which has his position and what looks to be an address (Propaganda Ministry?) on the top right of it. Ultimately he could be another militaria dealer trying to sex up an otherwise "normal" Third Reich item I suppose.

The second item looks like it might be a cigarette card. The address in the top right corner would be the address of the company that printed it. The story of these being recovered from the Ministry by a British soldier is just that -- a story -- unless there is rock-solid provenance to prove it. It as just as likely to be true as it is to be untrue.

Regards, B.B.

Neill; I agree with BrodieBartfast. The post card was produced by Druck Verlag Albrecht & Meister, AG and is certainly genuine. The other is a photo produced under license and is probably a cigarette card, which means that it too is genuine. The photo quality is too poor to make out the license holder on the cigarette card, but it is there. Dwight

?

Goebbels documents

This is genuine Goebbels stationary from another website. Excuse the poor photo as it's just a screenshot from my phone. I think it's confused things abit by what I've asked people to comment on. The "Der ReichsMinister" is the piece I'm referring to not the back of the cigarette card that has the makers name emblazoned up the middle of it. The stationary piece im questioning has "Berlin W8" as per the above letter. I think it could be from the ministry but if it was liberated by a soldier is anyones guess. I think it's safe to say we will agree to disagree on this one given the confusion of what we are talking about.