Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Government inspector in Prague 1941

Article about: Hi all, Thought of sharing this strange "inland" passport for a government inspector based in Prague during the war. I guess he would have been a party member indeed, but no clue o

Default Government inspector in Prague 1941

Hi all,

Thought of sharing this strange "inland" passport for a government inspector based in Prague during the war.
    I guess he would have been a party member indeed, but no clue on what he was "inspecting" though.
    The Inland passport was maybe to move freely between the GG, Greater Reich and Protectorate, I guess.

Cheers,
    Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Government inspector in Prague 1941   Government inspector in Prague 1941  

Government inspector in Prague 1941   Government inspector in Prague 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Government inspector in Prague 1941
    P
    Many

Is there a way to locate the "staff list" of those who served in the GG offices and Protectorate as well? a register of some sort?
    I also collect old Israeli & Mandate passports and they published back then a list of names and job titles of all those in government offices so that way one can trace the ones who issued and signed passports and visas...

nice piece.

Thanks, but its a real mystery about his work...

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Thought of sharing this strange "inland" passport for a government inspector based in Prague during the war.
    I guess he would have been a party member indeed, but no clue on what he was "inspecting" though.l
    Nothing.

An "Inspektor" does not necessarily inspect anything, and a "Rat" is not paid to advise on anything. These are simply traditional parts of German officials' "rank" designations, still used today.

For example, in the present-day pay group/designation system, an "-Inspektor" is an official of pay group A9. The prefix before the "-Inspektor" depends on the official's branch/specialty. For a example: "Regierungsinspektor" for government officials, "Forstinspektor" for forestry officials, "Zollinspektor" for customs officials, "Steuerinspektor" for revenue service officials etc. etc.

So he was a government official working in Prague? then why not write Regierungs-amtsman instead?

So he was a government official working in Prague? then why not write Regierungs-amtsman instead?
    Because Amtmann is a different "rank", two levels higher than Inspektor.

So he was a lower goverment official, but no indication of job, correct?
    Why issue him an 'internal' passport? this was better than a pass of some sort? he could travel to EVERY location belonging to the Reich?

So he was a lower goverment official, but no indication of job, correct?
    Why issue him an 'internal' passport? this was better than a pass of some sort? he could travel to EVERY location belonging to the Reich?
    Right; he was a government official at the lower end of the elevated career group, with the document giving no clue about his actual responsibilities.

Sorry; I am not familiar with the regulations and practices relating to Third Reich-era passports.

On this issue again, could this be some sort of security-inspector inspecting government officials or something sort of secret police inspector? clandestine work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast