Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Article about: Good evening, This is another recent purchase - I am not entirely sure what this is... It appears to be some advertising for bread - I think that it may be NSV related. What do you think? Th

Default Have you ever seen anything like this?

Good evening,

This is another recent purchase - I am not entirely sure what this is...

It appears to be some advertising for bread - I think that it may be NSV related. What do you think?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	686715  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I think its probably a German sarnie. All it needs is a cup of Rosy Lee.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

It is an advertisement for wholemeal bread.

Thank you - to what organisation does it relate to?

Thank you, Glen.

Which organisation i don't know mate. I think it is just an ad to promote healthy bread.
    But it is sure third Reich era.

?

Interesting item. A couple of other examples from around the 'net below. 'Volksgesundheit' apparently translates as public health. Not sure what the organisation concerned was - there was a TR period journal called Die Volksgesundheit (People's Health).

Philip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bread 1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	686755

Name:	euimg.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	686756

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Interesting item. A couple of other examples from around the 'net below. 'Volksgesundheit' apparently translates as public health. Not sure what the organisation concerned was - there was a TR period journal called Die Volksgesundheit (People's Health).

Philip

Name:	Bread 1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	686755

Name:	euimg.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	686756
    Thank you very much for the additional pictures - I saw the leben rune and I couldn't resist.

Thank you, Glen.

It's a heavy, chewy, wheat free rye based sourdough bread often seeded, that's pretty heavy on the stomach, but I love it and currently have a loaf in the pantry for eating with the smoked salmon I did a couple of weeks back. It's an acquired taste to British palates, but is readily available in supermarkets and has a long shelf life to boot, measured in months not days like a normal freshly baked wheatflour loaf. Those folks who are gluten intolerant soon get used to eating it i'll tell ya...
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.