12-29-2014 09:27 PM
Closer up image here
I have moved your thread to the correct area for you to get more answers.
If you like, please post clear straight on photos of the EK in the correct section.
Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)
As you know he was awarded the iron cross 2nd class and he was killed near Sevastopol on the Crimea, he was killed by a "granatsplitter" grenade splinter (shrapnel). the rest is a prayer!....
It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...
Thank you so so much for your help Gunny
Happy new year to you
Hi Liam, I have edited your thread title a bit to aid replies.
There is no info on his exact unit. This is quite common on these death cards. It simply says he was in an Infantry Regt. Occasionally the photo will help with details (if worn) like numbers on the shoulder straps.
Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!
Hpt.Verb.Pl. Tolle San.Kp. 2/132
This information indicates that he died at the Main Dressing station of the 132 Infanterie Divison !!
Thank you so much for your help everyone, I am always amazed by the knowledge you all have. I am just an amateur collector, after being given an original SA brownshirt Ernst Rohm dagger 3 years ago.
So far in my collection, since being given that dagger, I have:
- a 'frozen meat' medal, winterschlact im osten, bought in Krakow, poland
- an Iron cross, first class, in its original box
- a gold 'mother's medal', in its original box
- a pristine wehrmacht helmet, taken as a souvenir from Arnhem by an American soldier, complete with swastika and eagle decal (so pre-1943?)
- a gott mit uns belt buckle
- a complete sundial SA belt with leather strap
- an SS bayonet, complete with canvas belt hook
- a heer dagger with orange hilt, made by E.W Holler Sollingen
- a Nazi flag used on a dignitary's car, complete with holes for attaching onto the pole
- an arbeitsbuch from a 16 year old furniture factory worker, who signed up in 1943
- a 1 million mark note
- a 20 million mark note
- an iron cross, 2nd class and death card
- and two other medals for war service - one is a circular medal, the other is a cross - I may need some help in identifying those two
- loads of hitler stamps
I really do love this website and thank you to you all for your continued support and help and knowledge. Happy new year to each and every one of you!
See here for the thread about the belt and dagger === thanks bigmacglenn! Help! Can you help me identify this belt?