Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939

Article about: I have this book by wth Photos taken by Heinrich Hoffmann and a written forward by DR. Robert Ley. It seems that my book is number 19.000 (there is a Edition note 1. Bis 50. Tausend), and I

Default Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939

I have this book by wth Photos taken by Heinrich Hoffmann and a written forward by DR. Robert Ley. It seems that my book is number 19.000 (there is a Edition note 1. Bis 50. Tausend), and I think the letter on the front page is Dr. Robert Ley, and there is also a handwritten letter on the of the first pages (also look like Dr. Robert Ley).
    It conais 63 pages wih text and phortos Internet,
    I cannt find the book n theinternet but I can find similar ones, but they look like magazines i colour (The Adolf Hitler Collection). Do anyone know more about it ?

I have found this descripting (fits my book very well), but it comes wth the magazine/ book that looks my book.

I have just uploaded some of the pages

This Book is part of the series of books by Heinrich Hoffmann , who was the Nazi Party’s (NSDAP) Official Photographer and a lifetime friend of Adolf Hitler . Ein Volk ehrt seinem Führer (A Nation Honours their Leader) shows in pictures how all of Nazi Germany celebrated the 50th birthday of Adolf Hitler on 20 April 1939. This superb photo book was published by Professor Heinrich Hoffmann in cooperation with Zeitgeschichte-Verlag Berlin and contains a foreword by Reichsorganisationsleiter Dr. Robert Ley.

This was a special edition of the Heinrich Hoffmann series of soft cover books. There is a forward in it written by Dr. Robert Ley who was the National Labor leader of the NSDAP
    All other of the72 pictures are intact and perfect. This was the birthday edition and is possibly the most gorgeous of all the Hoffmann volumes. The days of glory are revealed in such a way to be the “Germanophiles dream.” Marching units of SS, Paratroopers, Naval battalions, tanks and artillery caissons are seen in review. Most of the high leadership of the Party and Wehrmact are seen in the pages. Adoring children with beaming smiles greet their Leader on his birthday. Hitler’s April 20th birthday became a festive celebration during the time of the Third Reich bringing thousands upon thousands of Germans to Berlin for the elaborate festivities each year, but 1939 was the greatest of all of the gala events. A very rare and prodigiously important book.
    Ein Volk ehrt seinem Führer has 64 pages filled with photographs of the official events that took place in Berlin on the eve of, and on 20 April 1939, the 50th birthday of Führer und Reichskanzler, Adolf Hitler.
    Hitler is shown surrounded by SS men and leaders of the NSDAP in the Mosaic Hall in the Reichschancellery in Berlin, receiving congratulations from Generalfeldmarschall Hermann Göring, Deputy Führer Rudolf Hess, Reichsfürher-SS Heinrich Himmler, SS General Sepp Dietrich, Foreign Minister Joaching von Ribbentrop, Dr. Frick, Walther Darré,Reichsorganisationsleiter Robert Ley, Lord Mayor of Munich Karl Fiehler, Sister Pia, Blood Order recipients and many NSDAP cabinet members. There are pictures of Hitler looking at presents with pilot Hans Bauer, models of fortifications in the west and holding hands with children .
    Central Berlin was decorated for this special occasion with giant eagles, swastikas, Nazi flags and banners. The capital of Hitler's Greater Germany was the perfect back drop for the enormous military parade that took place on 20 April. Full-page and double page pictures show the LSSAH, Fallschirmjäger, Kriegsmarine troops, cavalry men on horseback, artillery pieces, tanks and Luftwaffe squadrons overhead. The audience consisted of the Nazi high leadership, generals, military attachés from many European countries and Hitler's guest of honor, Czech President Dr. Emil Hacha (wearing a black coat and top hat amidst a sea of stunning Nazi uniforms).

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939   Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939  

Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939   Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939  

Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939   Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939  

Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939
    P
    Many

nice book.

The Hoffmann company published various picture books on Hitler, of which the one on the 1939 50th birthday is quite rare in comparison to the others, which are common. All German books of the era number the editions, i.e. contain the number of actually books printed. The hard bound ones are also more rare. If you want to sell it, please let me know.

Hoffman was Hitler's personal photographer and established a large business with such photo journalism editions, which were sold in the millions.

Most of those that survive are paper backs in red bindings.

Your book came from a library. Such books were excised in their millions from libraries either in the western zones, or found in the eastern zones, as well.
    The US military government published a list of such forbidden Nazi propaganda works. I have collected such Nazi books since the late 1960s, and have many
    such former library books.

The link you enclosed has such books with humped up and or otherwise fake ex libris name plates for what are, really, fairly common Hoffmann books.

HI Harryamb2
    Thank you very much :-)
    regards
    john

HI Friedrich- Berthold
    Thank you very much, it seems that my book is not so common.
    regards
    john

Excellent book! I would very much like to have one like it myself. Dr Robert Ley was a despicable drunken lout of a man who eventually hung himself while awaiting war crimes charges at Nuremburg, but he Did have an Incredibly Beautiful wife Inge, who he relentlessly cheated on. Unfortunately, she ended up shooting herself in 1942 after yet another drunken altercation with her husband.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Friedrich- Berthold
    Thank you for additional info.
    Regards
    John

Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939Heinrich Hoffmann, Ein Volk ehrt seinen Führer Der 20. April 1939
    Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Friedrich- Berthold
    Thank you for additional info.
    Regards
    John

You are welcome. I collect Nazi books.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast