Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help! German translation ww1 postcard

Article about: Hi folks, Can anyone translate this ww1 German postcard for me please. It has a group of tough looking soldiers on the front so I'm interested in what the reverse say's. I actually have seve

?

Default Help! German translation ww1 postcard

Hi folks, Can anyone translate this ww1 German postcard for me please. It has a group of tough looking soldiers on the front so I'm interested in what the reverse say's. I actually have several which I will be adding in separate posts if someone can help translate. Some might be untranslatable. I will make donation to forum for the kindness.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help! German translation ww1 postcard   Help! German translation ww1 postcard  

Help! German translation ww1 postcard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! German translation ww1 postcard
    P
    Many

Dear marky,

I'm afraid that I can't read a lot because of the handwriting, sorry about. However the postcard was sent via Zwickau in Saxony to 'Fraeulein' Miss Elsa ... in the region of Erzgebirge (Erz Mountains) in Saxony. This corresponds with the soldiers' Saxon badges of the helmets.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Hi,

Thank you for trying. I'm sure I will have it translated soon. They're certainly an interesting bunch. Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards

MAP
    ?

2 months into the war give the Aug 1914 date. Maybe a photo before shipping out???? Their helmets, uniforms and equipment look brand new

Maybe our wonderful HPL2008 will see this. He is great at reading old german script
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice and interesting photo! They wear the older ammunition pockets model 1895. I am perplexed about their rifles, they seem not to be the generally used models 98 or 88. Maybe a sort of carbine?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917