Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with photo

Article about: I recently picked up a box of negatives. Included among them was the one for the picture attached below. I'm not great with vehicles, but is that a captured Commonwealth Military Pattern tru

Default Help needed with photo

I recently picked up a box of negatives. Included among them was the one for the picture attached below. I'm not great with vehicles, but is that a captured Commonwealth Military Pattern truck? And, what is the stovepipe-looking thing the guy in the back is holding? There are so many thing about this photo that I have questions about...

Help needed with photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with photo
    P
    Many

Well, they certainty didn't drive away in that truck! With no carb, air cleaner connection or valve cover! To mention a few things. Cool pic tho!

No wheels, either, it looks like!

The vehicle was pressed into service judging by the large WH painted on fenders. The photo is obviously a joke since there is no way it could be driven! The soldiers are wearing work uniforms and judging by the soutache it appears to be pretty early in the war. Clues include the right side steering and what appears to be an identification plate on the body. If you can focus on that plate it may yield info. Would a right side drive be English? NH

I would think it's a British truck, too. Perhaps captured at Dunkirk? Just a wild guess...

Unfortunately, I tried making a high resolution scan of the data plate, but I can't read anything and, frankly, have no idea what I'm looking at. Wiring diagram, possibly?

Help needed with photo

Late on parade with this one again, but I'm 99% sure this is, or was a Bedford MWD. Below is a similar example left on the beach at Dunkirk (via internet).
    Help needed with photo

I think you’ve got it! Looks like a match to me. Could even be the very same truck.

Many thanks for your help, BlackCat1982.