Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with Photos

Article about: Does anyone know any of the guys in these photos and where they would have been taken , thank you for any help

Default Help needed with Photos

Does anyone know any of the guys in these photos and where they would have been taken , thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with Photos   Help needed with Photos  

Help needed with Photos   Help needed with Photos  

Help needed with Photos   Help needed with Photos  

Help needed with Photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with Photos
    P
    Many

Who is the Italian officer with black gloves ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

In the fifth photograph, the right one of the two persons with their backs turned the camera is a very high-ranked political leader of the NSDAP on Reichsleitung level (note the armband; its either for a Leiter eines Oberamtes or even a Reichsleiter). It might be Karl Fiehler, but I am not sure.

?

Judging by the design of the building shown in the first photograph, it was taken somewhere in northern Germany, as it is characteristic of that area and has the Saxon symbol of the two horses heads: 'The most eye-catching decoration of the otherwise drab Fachhallenhaus is found on the point of the gables and consists of carved wooden boards in the shape of (stylised) horses' heads. The boards do serve a constructional purpose in that they protect the edges of the roof from the wind. The horses' heads are attributed to the symbol of the Saxons, the Saxon Steed. Its distribution as decoration on roof ridges is also reflected in the coats of arms of several north Germany towns and villages.' From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_German_house

I wonder if the building was actually a new construction in the old style, as I notice the profusion of runic symbols incorporated into the brick work. In the page linked to above there is a very similar style of farmhouse, dated to 1798, but without the runes (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rischm...f_Heath_Museum).

Philip

I too think this was a new build in the 1930's. Note the runes etc done in the brickwork.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It resembles this... Same area ? As I am not familiar with Germany.. Just curious...
    G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with Photos  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yes, once again Saxony.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you all for your info , in photo 6 one of the guys seated has a arm shield but i cant make it out