Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help in translating a German document

Article about: Could some kind soul translate this for me? I get the basic meaning with Google Translate but of course the language is rather "crude". Also, I don't understand the acronyms at the

Default Help in translating a German document

Could some kind soul translate this for me? I get the basic meaning with Google Translate but of course the language is rather "crude". Also, I don't understand the acronyms at the top of the document.

The document was given to a Finnish woman helping the Germans in interpreting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in translating a German document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in translating a German document
    P
    Many

It says:

"Armeeverpfl. Amt 542
    Kart. Lager Kauppi

Kauppi, 29 Sept. 1943

Employment reference

Miss Elvi Ester Tuominen, born 8 May 1920 at Isokyrö, place of residence: Vaasa, was employed as an interpreter and office clerk at the Finland potato depot of the German Army from 1 November 1941 to 30 Sept. 1942.

As an office clerk, she was entrusted with payroll accounting, social support for personnel and German and Finnish correspondence.

Miss Tuominen has proven and distinguished herself in every way thanks to the high degree of her earnestness of character, her tireless dilligence and her very pleasant intelligence. Her outstanding achievements as an interpreter are particularly worthy of recognition.

[sealed & signed]

Oberzahlmeister
    "

(As for the abbreviations: Armeeverpfl.Amt = Armeeverpflegungsamt [Army Ration Supply Office]; Kart.Lager = Kartoffellager [Potato depot].)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says:

"Armeeverpfl. Amt 542
    Kart. Lager Kauppi

Kauppi, 29 Sept. 1943

Employment reference

Miss Elvi Ester Tuominen, born 8 May 1920 at Isokyrö, place of residence: Vaasa, was employed as an interpreter and office clerk at the Finland potato depot of the German Army from 1 November 1941 to 30 Sept. 1942.

As an office clerk, she was entrusted with payroll accounting, social support for personnel and German and Finnish correspondence.

Miss Tuominen has proven and distinguished herself in every way thanks to the high degree of her earnestness of character, her tireless dilligence and her very pleasant intelligence. Her outstanding achievements as an interpreter are particularly worthy of recognition.

[sealed & signed]

Oberzahlmeister
    "

(As for the abbreviations: Armeeverpfl.Amt = Armeeverpflegungsamt [Army Ration Supply Office]; Kart.Lager = Kartoffellager [Potato depot].)
    Wow, that was quick. Thank you kindly!