Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Himmlers signature

Article about: G'day all, I wondered if you would mind taking a look at this document and giving me your opinions on it. It is being offered by a dealer who has been around since the sixties, I hope the si

Default Re: Himmlers signature

I was wondering that myself.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmlers signature
    P
    Many

Were not UK soldiers at times garrisoned in the Spandau prison as part of the Berlin contingent, i.e. four powers responsible for Berlin in the cold war? You people know. I am not a citizen of the UK.

Of course, but how does it connect to Himmler? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

some where asking if some where " right" so i hoped it would help..nevermind,,

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Were not UK soldiers at times garrisoned in the Spandau prison as part of the Berlin contingent, i.e. four powers responsible for Berlin in the cold war? You people know. I am not a citizen of the UK.
    Your quite correct Spandau was in the British zone FB , quite a few books on the Battle of Berlin have been written by the last commandant of the prison Tony le Tissier.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

My Himmler document arrived today!! I would post some pics but I could never get as good a pic as the scan I first posted. It took one week and one day to arrive here from London, I think that is very good considering the distance covered. Once again, thank you all for your help in authenticating this document, I really do appreciate the advice and help you all gave freely, you made my decision to buy it an easy one. Cheers, Dave.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    your quite correct FB ive got an interesting photo somewhere which ill add it shows a dodge command car in berlin with a british,american, french and russian militatry police all driving around together

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Your quite correct Spandau was in the British zone FB , quite a few books on the Battle of Berlin have been written by the last commandant of the prison Tony le Tissier.
    Thanks, dear colleague, I know his work quite well. I want to be an expat in Berlin, too, some day. All the best, FB

Quote by talltom View Post
    your quite correct FB ive got an interesting photo somewhere which ill add it shows a dodge command car in berlin with a british,american, french and russian militatry police all driving around together
    In my time, my ambition was to serve as a senior civilian staff with the U.S. Army contingent in Berlin, and to get out of the hell that was Kaiserslautern. I well recall the posture of the four powers in West and East Berlin, though I never saw the prison while Hess was still in it.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    My Himmler document arrived today!! I would post some pics but I could never get as good a pic as the scan I first posted. It took one week and one day to arrive here from London, I think that is very good considering the distance covered. Once again, thank you all for your help in authenticating this document, I really do appreciate the advice and help you all gave freely, you made my decision to buy it an easy one. Cheers, Dave.
    Glad that the document arrived safe and sound Dave, and trust that you will duly look after what is a very nice example.

Cheers,

Carl

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast