Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book Plate

Article about: I thought I'd show this piece . This came from Snyder Treasures. I realize the book plate placement is probably not authentic but what is the rarity of this boom ? Annoyed from this ads? &nb

Default Hitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book Plate

I thought I'd show this piece . This came from Snyder Treasures. I realize the book plate placement is probably not authentic but what is the rarity of this boom ?

It does have markings as though it was a library book ...but who knows ! thanks for the help,

Either way it has some fantastic original photos in it ! Hitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book PlateHitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book PlateHitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book PlateHitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book Plate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Book by Hoffman with Hitler Book Plate
    P
    Many

Snyder's treasures strikes again

Unfortunately, the bookplate-which looks to possibly even be authentic-could have been applied at any time in the last 70 years. There were many many such Hitler book plates available after the war, and dear old Charlie would naturally look to enhance the value(and Selling Price) of any book with Hitler and the Nazi's as subject content by simply sticking such a plate on the inside of it. There really is no way to tell.
    On it's own, it is a nice Hoffman photograph book of Der Fuhrer and it's a collectable book alone-with or without the plate. Not a hugely rare or valuable one, but worth in the 100 dollar range, of course. It is, pretty much, worth to you what you would like to pay for it. Personally, I don't know if Hitler would have had a relatively cheaper edition in his library-as opposed to a nice hardcover presentation piece from, say, Hoffman himself, but who knows? If you are looking to buy it for just the photos, this book is currently available in a bi-language(English+German) edition today for 13 dollars.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lightbulb

The bookplate does, as Willem states above, look bogus. But the many different Hoffmann photo books are becoming quite collectable and can be found at European fairs for around 20-50 Euros depending on condition.