Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Is this hitler signature any good?

Article about: And here is genuine high quality Adolf Hitler headed stationery used in 1937 for correspondence. Woske.

?

Default Re: Is this hitler signature any good?

Thanks for posting them Woske , an interesting variety of documents as well !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this hitler signature any good?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    No I think you have them all.Very nice and important collection.Cheers
    They are not all mine. Some are and I have had some sort of connection with the others in the past. I do have other Hitler signatures, but they are stored in safe deposit for security and are not easily accessible. These images are the ones I have on my computer.
    Woske.

?

Here's a genuine 1943 example on a dedicated photo in a presentation boxed silverframe. Beautiful. I believe owned by Kristian Anderson.
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this hitler signature any good?  

well I used the signature to date the postcard and actually having done a bit of reading and research i believe this to be a 1927 signature or thereabouts. Woxke do you have any pre 33 signatures to compare this item with. While you have some brillant examples and i admire your knowledge i think we should compare like to like and not compare 1927 to post 33 examples of the signature.

There is another angle to this discussion, which is that many of the signatures that are deemed "fake" were signed by Otto Meissner who was Leiter der Präsidialkanzlei des Führers und Reichskanzlers 1933-45, a position he had held as Leiter des ReichPräsididentenbüros since 1919 under Friedrich Ebert and Paul von Hindenburg. Though not actually Hitler's handwriting, the Meissner signatures really aren't fakes. Here is a photo of Otto Meissner who did sign hundreds of documents, letters, and assorted papers on Hitler's behalf. Dwight

Holy Molie-That means thousands of fakes everywhere.I guess one can get a letter of Authentication from a signature dealer but who knows.

hi Drmessimer,
    thank you for putting up your text, it just proves what i said is right. some people buy Hitler signatures and they were not even signed by him.
    thanks again.
    dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    hi Drmessimer,
    thank you for putting up your text, it just proves what i said is right. some people buy Hitler signatures and they were not even signed by him.
    thanks again.
    dave.
    Sorry, Dave, but of course it proves nothing of the sort. First, drmessimer must provide a reliable source for his statement before anyone accepts it as believable. Secondly, if it were true (which I seriously doubt) then Otto Meissner would be faking Hitler's signature and it would be a forgery.
    I believe drmessimer is confusing documents signed by Otto Meissner on behalf of Hitler. These bore Otto Meissner's own signature, usually under a facsimile of Hitler's signature. Sometimes both were printed on more common documents. To suggest that Otto Meissner wrote "Adolf Hitler" in his own handwriting is misleading.
    BTW, for your interest, another version of your forged 9 May 1937 Hitler letter to Hugo Eckener about the Hindenburg disaster appears on page 46 of Hamilton's "Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich."
    Woske.

Woske: Please do not attribute something to me that I didn't say. Otto Meissner had the power of signature which is similar to a power of attorney. Meissner did sign on behalf of Hitler, using his own hand to create the signature. And, you're right, he then signed his own name below. As in this document

I'm sure that you are quite knowledgeable in your field, but I seriously doubt that even the most talented expert can say with absolute certainty that a signature is genuine or not without actually seeing the original document. In my opinion, a pronouncement made on the basis of seeing something on a computer screen is at best an educated guess. Dwight

I agree with you .I fact if Mr Meissner signed documents for Hitler (as it looks like he did) I would say that it would be almost impossible to determine which was from Mr Meissner and which was an original Hitler,Looks like to me Mr Miessner had Hitlers style down pat.So without the original in hand I do not know how it would be possible to tell them apart .If you think about it Hitler probably signed only the very most important documents of the Third Reich and maybe some personal letters or what about his paintings,but that would be a very early example.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast