Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Is this hitler signature any good?

Article about: And here is genuine high quality Adolf Hitler headed stationery used in 1937 for correspondence. Woske.

Default Is this hitler signature any good?

Am keen on the forum's opinion, is this ca1934 hitler signature any good? thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this hitler signature any good?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this hitler signature any good?

sry photo now attached, hope this works

?

No.
    Woske.

Quote by Woske View Post
    No.
    Woske.
    Can you explain why? A one word answer does not help us learn from fakes.

see if you can pull up a copy of Hitlers will on line he signed that and the marriage license to Eva Braun at least you will have something to compare.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Can you explain why? A one word answer does not help us learn from fakes.
    I'm sorry, but it's experience and that is something that cannot be taught. You can start to research autographs by obtaining books on the subject. They'll give a good grounding, but only years of collecting, buying, selling, handling and trading will give the necessary experience. Expect to make many mistakes; everyone does. The advantage you have nowadays is that you can ask if a signature is good or bad on the internet. That wasn't an option when I started.
    Once you have handled a few signatures, you will begin to recognise flaws in fakes and positive aspects of authentic examples. Nothing replaces or competes with the "gut feeling" gained from handling examples. And remember, it's not only genuine honest collectors who read these forums.
    By the way, I wouldn't start comparing Hitler signatures to those on his will or marriage certificate. By April/May 1945 his signature had deteriorated so much through illness that it was barely recognisable. A good place for a beginner to start is to obtain the late Charles Hamilton's "Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich." If on the other hand you are not going into collecting and it's just an opinion on a signature you are thinking of buying, then a straightforward "yes" or "no" will suffice. Hence my original answer to the question.
    Woske.

I actually compared it to known 1934 signatures and it does look pretty good woske. Rather than just a gut feel can you elaborate further on specifics? Hitler used his gut feel with babarossa and looked where that got him!

Hi Plasmod3,
    You will find that most signatures put on here will be deemed as fake, i dont know why that is but it happens.
    there must be thousends of Hitler signatures about but none will pass the test, We need more than one person as a so called expert to define what is right. i put on a piece knowing that it came from a german file and even that was fake, So you cant win.
    dave.

?

Quote by plasmod3 View Post
    I actually compared it to known 1934 signatures and it does look pretty good woske. Rather than just a gut feel can you elaborate further on specifics? Hitler used his gut feel with babarossa and looked where that got him!
    I didn't say I had a "gut feeling" on this one as I haven't handled it. Speaking as a very experienced long term collector and researcher, just looking at it tells me it's a fake. If you choose to ignore advice and buy it, then of course that is your prerogative.
    Here's a genuine Hitler signature from June 1934. (Sorry about the reproduction.)
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this hitler signature any good?  

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Plasmod3,
    You will find that most signatures put on here will be deemed as fake, i dont know why that is but it happens.
    there must be thousends of Hitler signatures about but none will pass the test, We need more than one person as a so called expert to define what is right. i put on a piece knowing that it came from a german file and even that was fake, So you cant win.
    dave.
    Dave,
    That is just not true. There have been plenty of Hitler signatures that are genuine. It is by the nature of things that fakes will outweigh the authentic as those examples where there is no doubt do not usually get posted.
    The one you posted is a forgery whether you accept it or not. (I have taken the liberty of posting it here.) Not only does the signature not hold up to scrutiny, but plain knowledge of Hitler's correspondence and staffing will tell you that your example is fake. Hitler did not sign letters on stationery from the Privatkanzlei. That headed stationery was used by his staff. He had his own personal stationery which, in 1937, bore a golden eagle and swastika raised motif with block lettering for his name and the location. For Hitler to use civil service stationery would be akin to David Cameron using stationery from the Department of Health to write a personal letter.
    That aside, the actual composition of your letter does not comply with Hitler's official and unofficial correspondence. There were certain protocols which were strictly observed and Hitler was a stickler for protocol, as confirmed by statements of his staff and inner circle. Your letter falls far short in this respect.
    As for it coming from a German file, this has little or no meaning. The lengths that forgers go to in order to pass off fakes no longer astound me. For example, the Martin Allen / Himmler files case at the National Archives is a good pointer. Added to these points is the fact that there were several exposed forged letters regarding the Hindenburg disaster doing the rounds a few years ago. This appears to be one of those.
    I am sorry, but your letter is a 100% fake and any examination by a suitably qualified expert in Third Reich autographs will confirm that.
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this hitler signature any good?  

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast