Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...

Article about: Hello all: My grand uncle fought with the 1st Infantry Division during WWII, with his unit occupying Germany after the War in Europe ended. He explains to me that he met a German colonel who

Default Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...

Hello all:

My grand uncle fought with the 1st Infantry Division during WWII, with his unit occupying Germany after the War in Europe ended. He explains to me that he met a German colonel who gave him the stamp book that i have attached pictures of. As he explains, the Germans were celebrating the 2 years anniversary of the start of WWII at a certain party. All those in attendance were given a copy of the book. My grand uncle just gave it to me the other day. Other than the stain on the front cover, it is in great condition. I was wondering if anyone had seen one of these before.

Looking forward to all your great comments....

Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...

here is another picture of the book....

.Attachment 389920

?

First example that I have seen, and a nice piece too. Thank you for sharing this one with us all Bulge44.

Regards,

Carl

Nice piece, a first for my eyes too. It survived the war and decades of peace intact, and then it comes across the guy with the coffee.....

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice piece, a first for my eyes too. It survived the war and decades of peace intact, and then it comes across the guy with the coffee.....
    hahaha...too funny....i promise, it wasn't my coffee......
    my grand uncle gave me another document as well........ General Bradley gave certain orders as to the interactions of G.I.'s with German citizens during the American's occupation...i'll be posting pics of it soon.........glad you guys appreciated the pics of the stamps....

- - Updated - -

....but then again, maybe it was Hitler's coffee........

Wink Re: Hitler Stamp Book from Germany...

this actually appears not to be in commemoration of the start of the war but it is specifically in commemoration of the establishment of the General Government in Poland. this was authorized by Fuehrer Decree on October 12, 1939 and the decree went into effect on the 26th of that month hence, the 2 year anniversary would be the date here: 26th October 1941.

and, of course, the stamps themselves commemorate the event.

if these were handed out at that party, i would guess that the party was also in celebration of that event specifically.

the frontispiece reads:

"Postage Stamps
    of
    The General Government

Fuehrer Stamps

for the 2nd anniversary
    of
    The General Government

26 October 1941

from 2 to 48 Groschen" (denomination)

i would further surmise that coffee was served.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    this actually appears not to be in commemoration of the start of the war but it is specifically in commemoration of the establishment of the General Government in Poland. this was authorized by Fuehrer Decree on October 12, 1939 and the decree went into effect on the 26th of that month hence, the 2 year anniversary would be the date here: 26th October 1941.

and, of course, the stamps themselves commemorate the event.

if these were handed out at that party, i would guess that the party was also in celebration of that event specifically.

the frontispiece reads:

"Postage Stamps
    of
    The General Government

Fuehrer Stamps

for the 2nd anniversary
    of
    The General Government

26 October 1941

from 2 to 48 Groschen" (denomination)

i would further surmise that coffee was served.

thank you tempelhof, that's why i posted them on here, to get some expert knowledge and to pinpoint what it exactly is.....thank you for your expert input....i'll have to update my grand uncle.......now if i could only find someone who knows how to remove coffee stains....

Don't bother,the stamps are very common,in the presentation book with stain makes it more valuable. (est 20 -30 dollars)

Quote by operaman View Post
    Don't bother,the stamps are very common,in the presentation book with stain makes it more valuable. (est 20 -30 dollars)
    thanks for the input, operaman.....i was only kidding about removing the stain, but thanks for the estimate.......i have a daughter, and i hope she will grow up to appreciate what i will be leaving her when i leave this green earth.....i don't intend on selling any of it and i can only hope my grand uncle's memories and memorabilia stay in our family for generations to come.....

Hi, there are a lot of hitler stamps around.
    However, the book is in very good condition. I havent seen many of them.
    And being in the family for so long, makes it very special.
    Congrats.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast