Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hitler youth journal

Article about: I am currently bidding on a HJ journal in which all will be revealed if I win. My question is.. Does the cover look more modern than the 1940's or 30's? The contents are wonderful but I have

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I guess the only way to find out for sure is to get it in my hands, therefore 30 or 40 pictures won't be a problem. There is also content I have not seen yet.
    Yes. get it if price is right. Great thread so far with differing views. I'm in the camp that it is period and written by a fountain pen as I stated earlier. But having it in hand will tell for sure.

My only open point are the actual cut out pictures...they sure look like they came off a laser printer...lol. only way to tell however is having it in hand
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler youth journal
    P
    Many

This thread has stirred up controversy in which an true answer feels needed. I will try my best to obtain this item with no regrets or finger pointing if it turns out badly. Thank you guys for all of your time. Comments still welcome of course. Still 1 day of bidding left.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal
    Last of the shown content
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Quote by MAP View Post
    ...My only open point are the actual cut out pictures...they sure look like they came off a laser printer...lol. only way to tell however is having it in hand
    MAP....Now Now MAP......don't give BSIWULA1 any ideas.....he's getting good with his photographic manipulations and might make a competing notebook......FRANZISKANER DOUG

AFTERTHOUGHT.....the MAP posted by UK COUSIN (pun intended) does show bleeding or smudging of the red and black but I hesitate to judge from a photo. Sorry.....

AFTERTHOUGHT #2....an alliterative slogan chanted at rallies....IL DUCE....CI CONDUCE....simply, Mussolini leads us (not written in notebook).
    Last edited by stakeside; 11-09-2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: NO MORE FRANZISKANER X DOUG

Interesting debate. I still believe a fibre tip has been used, but some pages are fountain pen. The other issue of "different hand writing" is equally significant though. Look at #33 picture from book, with Mussolini picture. On the left side the handwriting is clearly of a child's. The opposite page with Mussos profile, the handwriting above picture is different and from an adult. If this book is claimed to the work of one HJ kid in a certain year the variance in the writing needs explaining.

A close examination of the photos stuck in the book may also give a clue to age/period.

Perhaps little brother added his own thoughts to big brothers journal.

Yes, that's possible. Though how many big brothers would welcome "little brother's" contribution to their special journal? I know I wouldn't have. Little brother may have paid dearly for that addition!

My thoughts exactly! Lol.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Interesting debate. I still believe a fibre tip has been used, but some pages are fountain pen. The other issue of "different hand writing" is equally significant though. Look at #33 picture from book, with Mussolini picture. On the left side the handwriting is clearly of a child's. The opposite page with Mussos profile, the handwriting above picture is different and from an adult. If this book is claimed to the work of one HJ kid in a certain year the variance in the writing needs explaining.

A close examination of the photos stuck in the book may also give a clue to age/period.
    I agree with UK COUSIN that little brother may have contributed to big brother's notebook. It could also have been a notebook present at each week's HJ meeting and members attending were encouraged to make entries, much like some people who keep guest books. Families with all ages might have attended. The den mother at my Boy Scout meetings did so because her son was a handicapped scout in a wheelchair. Other parents were often present for one reason or another. My own brother spilled beer and did some crude math work inside a 35 cent FIRST EDITION Robert Crumb comix I sold last year on FLEA BAY for big buck$ That certainly did not happen at a Boy Scout meeting, but HY (HIPPIE YOUTH).

While I also share Anderson's concerns about fibre tip pens now that I have seen UK COUSIN 's map, the red might be crayon as well ? ? ? However, the black on the bottom border is problematic.

I would like to comment on the pixelated MUSSOLINI, but my expertise is specifically related to INCUNABULA wood block prints 1450-1500. I do believe BSIWULA1 could capture any pixelated photo he wants from the net and his laser scanner could reproduce a reasonable copy to then be viewed through the bottom of my beer bottle after having been posted on this forum. To make it short, any opinion from me would be stretching it too far. According to REAL STEEL, if ten men tell me I'm drunk, I had better lie down...FRANZISKANER DOUG.

AFTERTHOUGHT...there is also no comparison of the ageing of paper 1450-1500 made from cotton rag with more modern paper. The storage of modern paper is a salient factor, but the acid content is equally important. The very same box of 100+ HY comix had been stored for 45 years and the condition of the HY comix went from the extremes of crumbling in your fingers to those which were still mint.

Has anyone deduced what the theme may be? Educational? Patriotic?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast