Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Poster

Article about: dean 427: The watermark does not mean a print is old or is from specific era. Watermarks are used today just as they were hundreds of years ago. Your piece is printed on paper called 'Ingres

Default Hitler Youth Poster

Will / or anyone, can you Please tell me if you think this poster or flyer is real or fake? And or if anyone has ever seen a flyer just like this before? It's about 13 1/4" x 9 1/2"

Thanks Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Poster   Hitler Youth Poster  

Hitler Youth Poster   Hitler Youth Poster  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Poster
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Poster

Hi Dean, I cannot recall seeing this design before? It is an attractive item for sure.

Like most paperwork, a blacklight and a strong magnifying glass should determine if the paper is modern and the printing is period or not.

Cheers, Ade.

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dean, I cannot recall seeing this design before? It is an attractive item for sure.

Like most paperwork, a blacklight and a strong magnifying glass should determine if the paper is modern and the printing is period or not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Is blacklight the same as an uv lamp?

Rgds Jan

Hi Jan, yes it is. If the paper glows it wil be bad.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, I did check it out with a UV lamp, and it Does NOT glow.

Thanks Dean

OK guys, Now that I found some time here is the rest of the story, I recently got this from a man who's father was in WWll and he received it from a friend of his who was also in the war, and claimed that he brought it back. Both have been past away for some time now. Anyway I wound like to know if this is a real poster / flyer or just a copy of the original ? The only problem is that I can't seem to find a picture, copy, or sample of another ( original or copy) like this anywhere . It measures 13-1/2" X 9-1/4" and the paper feels a little bit heavier than normal. There is also a water mark at the bottom right hand corner that looks like the paper manufactures name. Looks more like a flyer then a poster, like the one you mite see glued to a wall. I check it out with an UV lamp and it DOES NOT glow, and it is in near perfect condition with out a cress, a rip or a fold. It was kept in a frame for,how long I do not know, and then before that, a large book so I'm told. The paper has a slight brown tint to it with no stains. In addition I cant find any information on the 1936 advent that it lists. There is one Picture that I have listed that was taken with the camera flash On, the rest are with just room light. If anyone can provide any information on this item it wound be greatly appreciated. Dean.

These are not my Field of interest....But Paper is paper, Early Documents are normally on thicker paper/card than latter items. I would say the key to seeing if this is real--I think its has a good chance) is the water mark! Have you googled the maker?

The UV back Light test, is a good Tool but it can be fooled. Try putting some carbon copy paper under the UV Light. If you have other Documents/Posters of the same thickness, try holding them up side by side if front of a bright light.

Jan
    ?

[QUOTE=Justin;116747]These are not my Field of interest....But Paper is paper, Early Documents are normally on thicker paper/card than latter items. I would say the key to seeing if this is real--I think its has a good chance) is the water mark! Have you googled the maker?

The UV back Light test, is a good Tool but it can be fooled. Try putting some carbon copy paper under the UV Light. If you have other Documents/Posters of the same thickness, try holding them up side by side if front of a bright light.[/QUOTE

Have a look at my SS recruiting poster, its printed on thick paper.

Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Any opinions on my SS recruiting poster?

Rgds Jan

I will take a look

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast