Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitlerpoststamps

Article about: Are 'hitlerpoststamps' conciderd to have a high value? I have more than hunderd different stamps in my collection would appreciate if somebody knew the value ? THX IN ADVANCE (they are not m

Default Re: Hitlerpoststamps

Quote by mistervanels View Post
    Are 'hitlerpoststamps' conciderd to have a high value?
    I have more than hunderd different stamps in my collection

would appreciate if somebody knew the value ?

THX IN ADVANCE

(they are not marked with ink, so they are original like when you buy in postoffice

(cant take pictures for the moment, they are to small to have a clean shot,,,)
    It really depends on which Hitler stamps you have. As stated in one of the replies the common Hitler stamps can still be purchased in whole sheets and in mulitple denominations. However there are several "special edition" Hitler stamps that can go up to about 45 euro.

If you are going to pass off this stamp collection to a grand child, try to include some German 2 & 5 mark silver coins with it. They hold their value and will always be collectable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerpoststamps
    P
    Many

?

The stamps that have post marks from camps, i.e. Auschwitz etc, are still not particularly valuable. Not when you can purchase the whole letter with a cover for somewhere in the region of 100 USD when you shop around. However, as Adrian has stated above, these postmarks do make the stamps more desirable and hence the value will undoubtedly increase. There are many, many nice period varieties of postage stamp, and they are quite collectable to some.

Regards,

Carl

Did you all know that Hitler got a stipend for every postage stamp with his image on it that was sold in Germany. Wonder what ever happened to all his money.Could be in a trillion dollar Swiss numbered account with no activity since April 1945.

Much of the income of Nazi Germany was used to pay for it's war effort but even in the final days a fairly large sum remained. One must consider the amount of Gold and valuables the Nazi's looted from Jewish families and conquered countries. There are rumors that there are more places like the one Patton discovered in that salt mine but none have ever been proved. It's out there I'm sure but I doubt if anyone will ever find it. If someone did I'm sure it would be worth in today's market hundreds of millions. (If it's in Gold and silver)

Quote by operaman View Post
    Did you all know that Hitler got a stipend for every postage stamp with his image on it that was sold in Germany. Wonder what ever happened to all his money.Could be in a trillion dollar Swiss numbered account with no activity since April 1945.
    Lol, He gave it to Hannah Reitsch ( 1912-1979 ) the infamous Third Reich
    woman pilot - all of it in Nazi gold bullion ! - She took it with her when
    she flew out of Berlin at great personal risk.

As per Hitler's last wish - she donated every phennig to the 'Austrian
    Special School Of Art' - established for a select few 'non-promising'
    male student painters with only one testicle....

( I too have several Hitler stamps, and I agree - the common
    variety are not very valuable. )
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2