Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler's Signature?

Article about: Here are two documents that bear Hitler's signature. One is a Meissner, which means that Otto Meissner in his capacity as Leiter der Präsidialkanzlei des Führers und Reichskanzlers signed it

Default Hitler's Signature?

Here are two documents that bear Hitler's signature. One is a Meissner, which means that Otto Meissner in his capacity as Leiter der Präsidialkanzlei des Führers und Reichskanzlers signed it on Hitler's behalf. You can see Meissner's own signature in the lower right corner of the document. I wouldn't call that Hitler signature a fake, rather it's an authorized facsimile.
    Hitler's Signature?

This one might be a fake, but I don't know. The browning on the edges is from being in a matted frame for several years. It's purportedly a note from Hitler to Göring, his wife, and everyone else who attended Hitler's birthday party at Carinhall on the night of 20 April 1942. Maybe. It's the date, "im April 1942" that bothers me because it not specific. Maybe that's the way it was done, but it doesn't look right to me. One thing is for sure, it was typed on a typewriter that had a German keyboard and keys. I'm just not sure when that typewriter was made. So, what do you all think about the signature? Dwight
    Hitler's Signature?
    Bytheway, the first document belonged to my father-in-law, Franz Eichberger who was the Küchemeister at the Adlon Hotel in Berlin, 1928-45

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's Signature?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hitler's Signature?

A really superb piece of family history on the first document. Both Hitler signatures appear to be printed facsimilies.
    W.

Woske: Well, they aren't printed if you mean essentially rubber stamped, but the first one is definitely a Meissner. Both are pen ink. But My gut feling is that the second is just plain a fake. I didn't mention this earlier, but I have gone to every historical source that I can think of, and there was no party at Carinhall that evening. It all happened "down town." But the problem with never and always is what I used to tell my students; "Never say never, and always avoid always." Actually, we have three of the authorization documents, each to Franz for a different award, and on each one the Hitler signature is slightly different, so I know they aren't printed. I have had this document for a very long time, and despite my doubts, I have always wondered if it's real or not. Thanks for looking. Dwight

?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Woske: Well, they aren't printed if you mean essentially rubber stamped, but the first one is definitely a Meissner. Both are pen ink. But My gut feling is that the second is just plain a fake. I didn't mention this earlier, but I have gone to every historical source that I can think of, and there was no party at Carinhall that evening. It all happened "down town." But the problem with never and always is what I used to tell my students; "Never say never, and always avoid always." Actually, we have three of the authorization documents, each to Franz for a different award, and on each one the Hitler signature is slightly different, so I know they aren't printed. I have had this document for a very long time, and despite my doubts, I have always wondered if it's real or not. Thanks for looking. Dwight
    Dwight,
    I acknowledge the Meissner as being handsigned in ink on the top document. However, I have serious reservations that the two Hitler signatures are handsigned. I do not believe they are rubber stamped, but I am of the opinion that both Hitler signatures are printed. The fact that they are different is no evidence of either being handsigned as Hitler's signature appeared in several different facsimile forms.
    Looking at the first example (document to your father-in-law) in close-up, the signature has the appearance of printing ink and I believe this would be confirmed under magnification. The second also has the same appearance, but the close-up is not so good. The signature does however fit into the blue printers ink used in many lithograph facsimile Hitler signatures of this time span. I agree with your suspicion that it is a fake card. To my knowledge Hitler did not visit Carinhall in 1942 and it would be extremely easy to verify his movements and location around his birthday in April 1942 from his appointments diary. This aside, the composition of the typed text leaves much to be desired. Blank correspondence cards bearing facsimile signatures were being sold a number of years ago and it is possible that an enterprising faker has subsequently added the text. It could also be a post-war entirely fake piece, but proper examination would be required to confirm this.
    Regards,
    Woske.

?

Dwight,
    I can confirm that on his birthday in 1942 Hitler was at his Field Headquarters and that he entertained Himmler to both lunch and evening meal. He was nowhere near Carinhall. (Source: "Der Dienstkalendar Heinrich Himmlers 1941/42.")
    Woske.

?

Hi folks...just read this and thought better late than never

As a german I can say that the birthday card sounds as it would be written by someone who is not of german origin.
    In my opinion it's a fake....