Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Hitler's signature?

Article about: I have a chance to buy a signed copy of "Mein Kampf" and this signature is on it. It looks like Hitler's signature to me, but I would like a few opinions. I have read somewhere tha

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this Hitler's signature?

I have a chance to buy a signed copy of "Mein Kampf" and this signature is on it. It looks like Hitler's signature to me, but I would like a few opinions. I have read somewhere that his signature changed over time. This (supposedly) was signed in 1939. Thanks for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Hitler's signature?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this Hitler's signature?

Hi Bob, as you most likely know, Hitler's signature altered over time. Make sure it matches to the date of the book. Personally, I would not touch any without rock solid provenance.

Cheers, Ade.

?

don't know if this is any good to ya shows his sig in its various forms
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Hitler's signature? 

Glad you posted that Nick. None of these match the one Bob is being offered. I would pass on it Bob if I were you.

Cheers, Ade.

?

no probs glad i could help

Hi Odessa1,looking through Emile c Stewart signature book,it matches none of the 29 examples in there. Stewy S

I think I could copy his signature better than that
    No good, sorry.
    Dan

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Well, when EVERYBODY says it s not right, then it is not right! Thanks, guys. I think I will pass. 350euro sounds too low, anyway, for a genuine AH signed Mein Kampf...

clevischi
    ?

For sure its a fake.

What edition and publishing house is the book? Early editions of this title are worth a chunk of change. Also, is there any other inscriptions? "To Greta on her 9th birthday?" that sort of thing. In the book world, inscriptions have actually become worth more than plain signatures: flat signed, since it authenticates the author's writing and signatures. How do they know it was signed in 1939? Is there a date in the fuhrer's handwriting? Or is that when the book was published. The 1939 presentation edition in blue leather catalogues for $500 which is close to 350 euro i think. Might not be a bad addition to your collection. Even the 1939 U.S. edition by Reynal and Hitchcock catalogues for between $600 and $900 depending on condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast