Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hohenfriedberg Kaserne

Article about: Hi Guys, just a few photos to share with you. Nothing spectatular here, but as I was scanning these pics for someone in Germany who lives near the barracks in Bad-Freienwalde (it is still st

Default Hohenfriedberg Kaserne

Hi Guys, just a few photos to share with you. Nothing spectatular here, but as I was scanning these pics for someone in Germany who lives near the barracks in Bad-Freienwalde (it is still standing). So I though I would share them with you here. The men are from Kradschutzen Battl 3. The barracks were built in 1935.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hohenfriedberg Kaserne   Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  

Hohenfriedberg Kaserne   Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  

Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hohenfriedberg Kaserne
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hohenfriedberg Kaserne

Hi Phil, I will try and get some current pics of the buildings now. The place is no longer used. It was in the former DDR and saw the Russians and the NVA use the barracks.

Here is another pic from the album. Note the "Dragoon Eagle" tradition cap badge. Click on the pic to enlarge it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  

Here is the man who's photo album it was. His name was Gerd Orgelmann. Looks like the marksmanship training shown in the eariler pics paid off and he is wearing his markmanship lanyard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  

What a bunch of Sissi's,....???? ... laying on a table to have theyre shooting training!!??
    We had to lay in the mud to do the same exercices!!
    The fact is; we didn't have such nice and collectable uniforms as these chaps!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

These raised shooting platforms seem to be a "German" thing. I have seen them in many photos.

The album tells the story of his service from the RAD to the NSKK to the Heer to being a POW of the French.

Note how he has stuck a clothing label and his RAD cap badge into the book.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hohenfriedberg Kaserne  Hohenfriedberg Kaserne 

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!