Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I'd like opinions on this SS Member ID Card...

Article about: Hi all. I'd like to get some opinions on this SS Member ID Card. I know there is no shortage of fakes out there so I want to be careful... Thanks! Dzyner

?

Default I'd like opinions on this SS Member ID Card...

Hi all.

I'd like to get some opinions on this SS Member ID Card. I know there is no shortage of fakes out there so I want to be careful...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'd like opinions on this SS Member ID Card...
    P
    Many

?

The photos aren't great, but hopefully will be enough to tell whether or not it is the real deal. I can also provide better photos if needed. I haven't bought it yet, but the owner is fairly easy to work with.

Hello Dzyner,

I am afraid that this one is not a genuine SS-Ausweis. The swastika linked background should be much more subtle. The stamp is very poor, too large, and there should be one front and back, and at this time, probably outdated type too. There should be two embossed stamps, one over the photo and one over H.Himmler's signature. The yellow stamp (sticker) on the bottom is fake as well, it should have perforation (tight) on all sides, not cut by zig-zag shears. Sorry, it's a bad fake my friend. Hopefully you did not purchase this one in the end.

I see genuine examples all of the time and prices are lowest I've seen in years. It's hard to believe these were selling for 1000.00 usd just 12 years ago and now can be found for around 300.00. Good luck!

Here is an early type SS-Ausweis (April 1934) from my collection from a future Totenkopf NCO with an eventual 6 yr. career at Sachsenhausen-KZ, 1939-1945. I have his Wehrpass too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'd like opinions on this SS Member ID Card...   I'd like opinions on this SS Member ID Card...  

Agreed.

Hi Darren, please see my article on these:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...s-ausweis-891/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Also, unless I am very much mistaken, by the time "Germania" got it's name, it was no longer the 3rd Standarte of the SSVT, but the 2nd.

(It was the 3rd for a very brief period of time, when the LSSAH was the 1st. The regiments were renumbered when the LSSAH was removed from the sequence of numbers.)

Very crude!..