Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying double printed photo with text

Article about: I have this picture for a fairly long time now and today I found it between some other pictures. I totally forgot I had this picture. It is a double printed picture. It shows a group of sold

Default Identifying double printed photo with text

I have this picture for a fairly long time now and today I found it between some other pictures. I totally forgot I had this picture. It is a double printed picture.

It shows a group of soldiers posing inside of a train. It also shows 4 soldiers holding a (what i think is a silver tray) tray. It wont be a normal tray, or else you won't show it of on photo. On the backside of the photo there are some things written.

-2 abzüge ( which indicates it is a double printed photo)
    -Frau E.Feldmann Kosten (Warthegau) Reg. Bez. Posen Landratsamt

It also looks like some kind of signature on the back, but it more likely to be just a scrabble.

I wish that maybe someone here will be able to help me find more information about this picture

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying double printed photo with text
    P
    Many

There's not much to be said about the image(s) themselves: Just two early-war group photographs of Heer [Army] soldiers. We'll never know what's the business with the plate.

As for the text on the reverse side:

"2 Abzüge" actually doesn't mean it's a double print (although, of course, it is one); it simply means "2 prints/copies". (A double print would be a Doppelbelichtung.)

"Kosten" and "Posen" are, respectively, the German names for Kościan and Poznań in Poland; the "Warthegau" (after the Warthe/Warta) was the part of Poland that was fully annexed into the Reich proper (as opposed to the Generalgouvernement).

"Reg.Bez." is the abbreviation for "Regierungsbezirk" [administrative region]; a "Landratsamt" is an Administrative District Office.

I already thought so. But I could always try to ask, maybe there is a little chance someone knows anything about it.

Thank you for your quick reply!