Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inside Wolf's Lair

Article about: Hi All Have a soft spot for German Combat award, Documents, However could not let this pass when it came onto the Market a while back. Original Photo, Taken from the Wolf's Lair 5, Sept 1944

Default Inside Wolf's Lair

Hi All

Have a soft spot for German Combat award, Documents, However could not let this pass when it came onto the Market a while back.

Original Photo, Taken from the Wolf's Lair 5, Sept 1944. Reverse shows, Over seas stamp. Intended to promote Hitlers good health after the July 20th plot. Hitler arrived on the night of 21 June 1941, and departed for the last time on 20 November 1944. He spent over 800 days there, off and on, during World War II.

Hitler Awarding CCCIG To 9 Brave men, Think im Correct in saying he only ever Awarded 14 men with this Award. on to different occasions.

This Photo comes from the same Reel of Film, Used in the photos which feature in Manfred Dorr book. Page 26.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inside Wolf's Lair  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inside Wolf's Lair
    P
    Many

Default Re: Inside Wolf's Lair

I forgot to Mention---Main Reason of my Post) Have a hunch they had a Film crew there while photos were taken. Anyone seen, Film Footage of this Award ceremony before?

Have this Version of the Photo, Thought I had lost this one.

Larry of WA kindly worked his Magic.

Hi Phil, Doubt you have seen this Actual Photo before, Unless i showed you, Also Posted it on WWM. Its not one of the Photos in the Bundesarchiv. Only Photo Ive seen like this is a latter Frame photo in Dorr Book.

Have not chipped in on the Bedford Fair Thread, As I'm unsure were in the UK I will be that week....But if i can make it I will. ow you and your Dishy Wife a Beer

Got this From the Guy who Sold me the CCCIG Document.

?

Nice thing about this photo is part from Bruno Hinz they are all NCO's , Franz Richter the RKT was an Obergefreiter who also had the DKiG, how much combat have some of these guys seen !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Back of Photo Phil!

Was surprised that none of them appear to be wearing DKIG! Maybe this was Given to them after the Award? Working on the Understanding the DKIG Was automatically Awarded with the CCCIG. Could be wrong I'm out side my Field of interest now!

Like you say Paul, Hard Fighting Men

?

Certainly in many cases a DKiG was awarded with the Goldene Nahkampfspange but not in all cases , i'm not sure why, DF RKT Sepp Lainer was awarded the NKSiG but not the DKiG !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings