Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....

Article about: I found this document, just purchased it, for curiousity reasons, thought it was interesting. Apparently, he was 8.SS-Div.: Florian Geyer, Art.Rgt.8. Also, I couldn't help to feel a little b

Default Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....

I found this document, just purchased it, for curiousity reasons, thought it was interesting. Apparently, he was 8.SS-Div.: Florian Geyer, Art.Rgt.8. Also, I couldn't help to feel a little bad, not so much for this soldier, but when I translated the one line on the bottom quarter of the page, it says, basically, his mother, Elisaveth Sabo, was the one who put this into effect. The poor kids mother, couldn't imagine, my mother going through something like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....   Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....  

Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting DRK/MIA document....SS.....
    P
    Many

At least it has a photo of him. His entry in the DRK volumes also shows the same image so I would imagine it was this sort of paperwork that was sent to the DRK to help produce the lists of the missing - so many men from that division are listed in those volumes as being MIA at Budapest in 1944/45. There is also a Stefan Sabo born in September 1924 and listed as a Jugoslavian. No idea if they were brothers (or how common the name is) but he was also listed as missing at Budapest in October 1944.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    His entry in the DRK volumes also shows the same image so I would imagine it was this sort of paperwork that was sent to the DRK to help produce the lists of the missing - so many men from that division are listed in those volumes as being MIA at Budapest in 1944/45. There is also a Stefan Sabo born in September 1924 and listed as a Jugoslavian. No idea if they were brothers (or how common the name is) but he was also listed as missing at Budapest in October 1944.
    "Sabo" is the German spelling of the Hungarian surname Szabó, which is a very common name in Hungary. (The man was an ethnic German from Hungary.)

Just to keep it clear: This document is not from the DRK, but from the post-war SS Veteran's association HIAG. As Hucks said, the "DRK erledigt" notation implies that the missing man's data was passed on to the DRK tracing service.

Very interesting, thanks guys. There other thing that interested me is the name. My mom's second husband, and my half sister's last name is, "Szabo," I themer him saying when I was a kid, that this is like, "Smith," to us in America. Now he was born in Hungary, as his siblings elwere born here. I wish I could have picked his parents brains a little but he was a bit of an A-hole, to be around. I know his parents, my sister's grandparents, all thought now, decreased escaped to the US, in they're early twenties, to avoid the BS there.