Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Hindenburg Airship Flyer, is it original?

Article about: Good evening guys, I recently purchased this item as it was described as being a 'Copy of proclamation by Adolf Hitler when naming the Hindenberg'. I do not believe that the term 'copy' in t

Default Interesting Hindenburg Airship Flyer, is it original?

Good evening guys,

I recently purchased this item as it was described as being a 'Copy of proclamation by Adolf Hitler when naming the Hindenberg'.

I do not believe that the term 'copy' in this case refers to it being a reproduction or fake, but what do you think; have you seen one before?

I believe that an item like this would be rather describable due to the disaster.

Thank you, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Interesting Hindenburg Airship Flyer, is it original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Hindenburg Airship Flyer, is it original?
    P
    Many

Glen: Unfortunately, the posted photo won't enlarge, so I can't read it. But it looks to me to be absolutely genuine. From what little I can make out, it seems to me that this flyer accompaned a recording of the speech Hitler gave on the occasion. So my guess is, a person bought the 78 rpm record and the flyer came with it. But at this point it's just a "educated" guess. Dwight

It's actually an election pamphlet and quotes Hitler's speech to the Reichstag...the bottom line reads "Therefore on March 29th, Your vote for the Fuhrer!"
    The Hindenburg pictured appears to be an advertisement and there is no connection to its naming ceremony...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you for the info guys. I will try and take a better picture when it arrives. I thought that is was interesting and I only paid a couple of quid for it so you can't go wrong really.

Thank you, Glen.

As Glenn said, no relation to the naming ceremony of the Hindenburg.

These leaflets were dropped by the airships Hindenburg and Graf Zeppelin during their propaganda tour of Germany prior to the 1936 voting. See this article for more:

LZ 129 Hindenburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Excellent item Glen!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As Glenn said, no relation to the naming ceremony of the Hindenburg.

These leaflets were dropped by the airships Hindenburg and Graf Zeppelin during their propaganda tour of Germany prior to the 1936 voting. See this article for more:

LZ 129 Hindenburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thanks HPL, it appears there are a number of variants.

Thank you, Glen.