Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Item, Info Please?

Article about: Have expressed interest on this item to the seller but am looking for some information before i buy, Could any one give me some information and some minor translations to the few pictures i

Default Interesting Item, Info Please?

Have expressed interest on this item to the seller but am looking for some information before i buy, Could any one give me some information and some minor translations to the few pictures i have got?

What i know so far is SS Man, Karl Lampe. Lampe joined the Waffen SS in May of 1939. He was born May 1, 1902 and, apparently, lived in the Braunsschweig area. Lampe was assigned to SS – Angehörign which the seller has said they can not find out what SS – Angehörign is but from what i can find out it is ODESSA, (from the German Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen, “Organization for Former SS Members”) but i also read that ODESSA was not fromed until 1946 and these documents only go untill 1944.

ODESSA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Item, Info Please?   Interesting Item, Info Please?  

Interesting Item, Info Please?   Interesting Item, Info Please?  

Interesting Item, Info Please?   Interesting Item, Info Please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Item, Info Please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Interesting Item, Info Please?

hi , cant give an opinion on the file , but the odessa mention throws a shadow as the Odessa org is considered a fiction by many eminent tr historians. if you are interestef in the odessa org i suggest you read guy walters book hunting evil on the post war search for tr war criminals. cheers paul

After reading a bit on odessa i came to realize that,i will have to check that book out!. I can't actually find Angehörign written on the documents from the pictures the seller has said that he was assigned to Angehörign. but from what is photographed i did a little research and found out he was part of SS reinforcements for the Braunschweig area where the Herman Goering Werke was.

?

hi , yeah the Odessa bit worries me , could be glammed up for sale . with that in mind i would pass on it , ss items are a minefield for most collectors and if i have found any issue with ss items i walk away , save the cash to spend another day! cheers paul

Thanks for the words of advice paul!

firerescue1965
    ?

This may mean little, but the "Goering" in your last photo is misspelled in the book.

?

well spotted , taking into account the Odessa reference and the spelling error i would not take the risk with this item..paul

well spotted indeed, i had not noticed that. I also think that the front cover shows almost no signs of age which is just another thing that just doesn't seem right.

?

one other small point re condition of cover ,, why is it in English for what appears to be his ss personal record . ! cheers paul

In German the name can be spelt either Göring or Goering.

Definitely a modern cover.

Does it come with any proper provenance ?

I would also check out the reputation of the dealer if that's where it is being sold

Richie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast