Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery

Article about: I know being late is fashionable but 70+ years?? I'd say you've missed out on the hors d'oeuvres.

Default Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery

G'day all,
    just thought I'd share my latest pickup, it is an invitation for breakfast at the Reich Chancelley (I think!) It was picked up in the ruins of the Chancellery by a British soldier in July 1945. If anyone is able to translate this thing properly I would be greatly appreciative as unfortunately I cannot read German. It is in overall reasonable condition considering it has probably been walked on by Russian troops whilst laying amongst the dust and rubble of the ruined building. Hope you all like it, cheers,

Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery
    P
    Many

Default Re: Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery

It says:

The (office of) the Fuehrer and Reich Chancellor (Adolf Hitler)
    asks

(invitee(s) name(s) here)

to breakfast

The lower left lists the attire and address at which breakfast is to be served. In this case, it suggests the black uniform, and at the chancellery. The bottom right is the RSVP address.

To those who are more familiar with German, feel free to correct me.

I believe that this is pre-war.

Hi Dave.
    Nice piece, I´m glad to see you finally got it, congrats!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Cheers Mo, thanks for the translation. I reckon it is a beauty!

Thanks Chris!

Here are my two, which are pre-war invitations to Reichsleiter and Chef der Kanzlei des Fuehrers der NSDAP Philipp Bouhler.

The handwriting on the back of the one is that of Bouhler's wife!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery   Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery  

Invitation to visit the Reich Chancellery  

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Cheers Mo, thanks for the translation. I reckon it is a beauty!
    No problem, it is a beauty! I have never actually seen others apart from mine. Your vet provenance makes me wonder if mine were found on Philipp Bouhler after his capture by American soldiers in 1945, or if it was found within the ruins of the chancellery postwar, or if it was found in his house, the list goes on... lol

Bloody he'll Mo, your two are the second and third that I have ever seen! They are terrific looking cards, I'll frame mine I think, not much chance of getting it honoured and I don't like vegetarian food anyway! lol

Samhain
    ?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody here would have any idea what something like these are worth? I have several.

Pre-war:

#1 Invitation from the Fuhrer to breakfast at the Grand Hotel Nurnberg on September 13 1937. This appears to be an invitation to an officer, it states uniforms are required.
    #2 Invitation from the Furher to Adolf Freidrich of Mecklenburg (member of the Olympic Committee) to an event at the Reich Chancellery on August 1st 1936 (opening of the 1936 Olympic games). I also have 2 menus for the meal served.

During the war:

#1 Invitation from the Fuhrer to Emil Hácha to an event at the Reich Chancellery on October 25th 1939.
    #2 Invitation from the Fuhrer to Vidkun Quisling to an event at the Reich Chancellery on February 13th 1942.

They are all similar in appearance to the ones pictured in this thread, the one during the opening of the olympics is larger than the others, they are in as good if not better condition. I'll post some scans of them when I get a few minutes.

Thanks

?

So are you going?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast