Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning

Article about: A unique document. The reason for the award is typed on the reverse and signed by Hans Bunning, commander of the 5th SS artillery, a job Gille held before Bunning. The front is signed by Gen

Default Iron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning

A unique document. The reason for the award is typed on the reverse and signed by Hans Bunning, commander of the 5th SS artillery, a job Gille held before Bunning. The front is signed by Gen. Gille. All 3 men were eventually awarded the German Cross in Gold and all 3 were in the WIKING Div.

MarkIron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. BunningIron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. BunningIron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. BunningIron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. BunningIron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning

No comments at all gentlemen? I was prodded to get into my collection and take all this out to photograph. Stay with me on this. I have more WIKING Div. "stuff"!

Mark

Default Re: Iron Cross document signed by Gen. Gille and on the reverse by Maj. Bunning

Very nice and interreting documents.
    chris

A superb document

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Most impressive.

Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A great piece of history!

?

QUOTE=kingtiger;545580]No comments at all gentlemen? I was prodded to get into my collection and take all this out to photograph. Stay with me on this. I have more WIKING Div. "stuff"!

Mark[/QUOTE]

Patience Mark we are all in very different time zones on the forum and sometime have to sleep !!

Very nice document but what makes especially good is to also have the recommendation document submitted by SS Sturmbannfuhrer Buenning which is in fact a rarer signature to have !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Very nice paperwork Mark, look forward to seeing more.

Regards,

Carl

?

For me Gille was the best Waffen SS Commander of the War along with Steiner , Gille was a Diamonds winner and most decorated Soldier of the Waffen SS rising to the rank of SS-Obergruppenfuhrer und General der Waffen-SS , unfortunatley he had never received the post war historical attention he should have done compared to the likes of Sepp Dietrich , a very nice signature from an execllent soldier and leader.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I've seen a few examples of the recipients actions being typed on the reverse of EK citations. Some units seemed to do it more then others (Großdeutschland is one example) and the other example of Wiking that I have seen was also signed by Gille so it might of been something that he brought to the Division. What is interesting in this case is that the actions have been typed on the back a full 2 years after the award was won. Considering Richert won the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold in February 1945 I wonder if the addition of the information was added more for that reason as it does seem to be a summary of his actions throughout his service?
    Nice example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast