Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner

Article about: FROM MY PERSONEL COLLECTION.. [ see image below the text ] Civil Identification Cards were required of all persons over the age of 15. The Kennkarte for Jews had a stylized Hebrew "J&qu

RTFREY
    ?

Arrow Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner

FROM MY PERSONEL COLLECTION..

[ see image below the text ]

Civil Identification Cards were required of all persons over the age of 15.

The Kennkarte for Jews had a stylized Hebrew "J" in red or purple on left hand inner page and another on the cover but smaller and in black.

This is different then the identity card for all other citizens which had the national eagle on the cover.

As required by the decree [below] the male holders middle name was changed to "ISRAEL".This appears on this card issued to: Adalbert ISRAEL Koller and was and additional way to identify the Jews.

This card also has a stamp on the 2nd page "EVAKUIERT" 22 Okt 1941.Indicating he was Evacuated to ?

On the lower left of the front cover is a RED Stamp that apperas to have the letters "ARCH" and 4 Hebrew characters. The purpose of this is unknown.

August 17, 1938
    Second Decree for the Implementation of the
    Law Regarding Changes of Family Names :
    "Jews may be given only such given names as are listed in the Guidelines on the Use of Given Names issued by the Reich Minister of the Interior... Insofar as Jews have other given names than those which may be given to Jews...they are obligated, beginning January 1, 1939, to assume an additional given name, namely the given name Israel in the case of males and the given name Sarah in the case of females."

info on his demise is below:

The Central Database of Shoah Victims' Names
    Holocaust-Shoah
    Русский | Advanced Search

Full Record Details for Koller Adalbert

Source Namentliche Erfassung der oesterreichischen Holocaustopfer, Dokumentationsarchiv des oesterreichischen Widerstandes (Documentation Centre for Austrian Resistance), Wien

Last Name KOLLER

First Name ADALBERT

Date of Birth 25/11/1860

Place during the war WIEN,WIEN,AUSTRIA

Wartime Address WIEN 1, TEGETTHOFFSTRASSE 1/5

Key to Transport Transport from Wien to Litzmannstadt on 28/10/1941

Place of Death LITZMANNSTADT,GHETTO

Date of Death 06/06/1942
    Type of material List of victims from Austria

Language German

Victims' status end WWII Perished

These cards are rather scarce and to know the tragic outcome of the owner adds to the history of this historic piece.

regards,
    Bob Frey

Attached Images Attached Images Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner 

2. # ADS

RTFREY
    ?

Arrow Re: Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner

Image of the cover showing the hebrew "J" and without the National Eagle found on the normal Civilian Kennkarte.
    regards,
    Bob Frey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner  

Default Re: Jewish Identity Card w. info on the death of the owner

Bob,

The stamp on the front may be some sort of Jewish Aministration Council stamp from the Ghetto as to some degree they had some sort of self administration, that would explian the Hebrew perhaps.

When I read Evacuated I thought he was lucky until I read further, I have two similar Kennkarte I posted on here but they do not have those stampings, I have always been worried about what I would find if I research them. Perhaps since they don't have Evacuated on them then maybe my pair escaped? I will have to find out now.

Regards

Jock

RTFREY
    ?

Jock,
    see if you can check on the names you have thru :

"The Central Database of Shoah Victims' Names"

http://www.yadvashem.org/wps/portal/IY_HON_Welcome

Let me know what you find.
    regards,
    Bob Frey

OKW
    ?

ARCH for archived? Details of deceased put away somewhere on an index card, the registration or index system known only to those who are probably also long dead. Possibly lying in a drawer somewhere or with that mountain of docs seized and kept in Washington.

Bob,

I posted mine here I can't make the name out on the woman at all and can only read the mans first name (Otto?), Date of birth is clear as is issue town Hannover and Kassel respective. If you can have a squint at my post (do a search as I cant work out the link back thing) and give me your thoughts on the names it would be appreciated.

Jock

RTFREY
    ?

Jock,
    Go to

http://www.yadvashem.org/wps/portal/IY_HON_Welcome

and enter JAFFE, OTTO this may be your guy but I'm not sure.You need someone who can read the Sutterlin script on your Kenkarte to decipher the actual letters.

It was interesting to find a close match and it may be him?

I can't read the females card at all.
    regards,
    Bob Frey

Bob, Will do tomorrow, its time for bed here. I take it its not good news after all. I can nomally read it myself but the writing as you have seen is very difficult to make out. The womans card has been wet at some point so does not help. I will dig them out tomorrow and maybe go to the local old folks home and see if I can get them translated properly.

Many thanks

Jock

Bob,

He is not our man the man in the database was born in Parchim, the Otto on the Kennkarte was born in Kassel. I will go down to Belsen and see if they can help out.

Jock

RTFREY
    ?

Jock,
    OK, wish you luck.
    regards,
    Bob Frey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast