Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

KC and other award holders after the war

Article about: Having met a rather large number, thought some photos of veterans after the war might be of interest. Top left are Fritz Langanke (left) and Ernst Barkmann, both Panzer Regiment "Das Re

Default KC and other award holders after the war

Having met a rather large number, thought some photos of veterans after the war might be of interest.

Top left are Fritz Langanke (left) and Ernst Barkmann, both Panzer Regiment "Das Reich" KC and best friends after the war till they passed away. Langanke was of GREAT help in my research and Barkmann wrote the Foreword for one of my SS/Polizei German Cross holder volumes.

To right is Henz Macher (Oakleaves) with Heinz Harmel (right) and between them is Frau Harmel.

Bottom seated left is Karl Kreutz (Oakleaves and German Crioss in Gold, Artillerie Regiment commander "Das Reich" and twice temporary division commander) speaking to Hans Hauser (KC as Kdr I./Der Führer). Seen partly behind them in gray suit is Otto Weidinger (commander Regiment "Der Führer" and Swords holder).

Have others I took postwar, normally at a Treffen or their homes, if of interest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KC and other award holders after the war   KC and other award holders after the war  

KC and other award holders after the war  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KC and other award holders after the war
    P
    Many

Default Re: KC and other award holders after the war

Thanks Mark. I would certainly like to see more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Mark these are great , it's always good to see how these famous guys looked in later life so please post more !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Top left: Hans Kempin at home. He commanded the SS-Panzergrenadierschule before leading the 32.SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division "30 Januar."
    Top right- Albert Stendwdel (KC with "Handschar") with Walter Reder (KC and GC with "Totenkopf") in Lenggries
    bottom left: Otto Weidinger and myself in Aalen
    bottom right: 4 Swords holders in Lenggries. Weidinger, Harmel, Kumm, Baum. Stad;ler came some years but only time, to my knowledge, we could photo 4 Waffebn-SS Swords holders together postwar

more soon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KC and other award holders after the war   KC and other award holders after the war  

KC and other award holders after the war   KC and other award holders after the war  

Hello, Did you met Otto Carius ? Still alive.
    Cheers
    Michel

?

The photo of the 4 Swords winners is certainly one to treasure Mark , unique !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

When 4 Swords holders were there was one of the wilder weekends that Treffen

Sorry, no I did not meet Carius. Only Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, US, and British personalities.

This is great stuff Mark! You must have had some fascinating conversations !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem