Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

kennkarte-Germany 1939

Article about: Hi, This kennkarte from Germany is a special one, let me explain. It was introduced after August of 1938 and the holder was deported and died at the Litzmannstadt Ghetto on January 1942. Nei

Default kennkarte-Germany 1939

Hi,

This kennkarte from Germany is a special one, let me explain. It was introduced after August of 1938 and the holder was deported and died at the Litzmannstadt Ghetto on January 1942.

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kennkarte-Germany 1939  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kennkarte-Germany 1939
    P
    Many

Historiker
    ?

Default Re: kennkarte-Germany 1939

Hi Phil,

If memory serves, the bluish ink stamp with the "X" in it in the "Bemerkungen" box on the lower left side of the Kennkarte provides the information about when and where she died. I've never seen one marked like this in a private collection, altho' I have seen a number of "J" Kennkarten without that ink stamp in trade and did have one without the stamp at one time in my own collection. Neil is very fortunate to have found one with that stamp. Indeed, a sad reminder.

Bill

Default Re: kennkarte-Germany 1939

Hi Bill,

Many many many thanks for the fantastic information!
    OK, here is the information I have on the ID holder (from Yad Vashem and others):

Amalie Meyberg, nee Schickler, born 02.23.1863 in Nienburg. She came to Emden at 10.15.1934 from Osnabrueck, she lived in Emden in a home for older people, in Emden, Claas-Tholen-Str. 19. At 10.23.1941 all the old people in this home were deported to the ghetto Litzmannstadt in Lodz/Poland. In the ghetto she had to live in home for "senile people" Gnesener Str.26. Mrs. Meyberg died on 01.01.1942 in Litzmannstadt.

The front has the words ARCHIVE in latin and Hebrew, meaning, it was cataloged at the Ghetto archives after her death.

True, a sad ending for an old woman.

Neil.

hello

Has long been a while since this post but made me see a Kennkarte illusion similar to mine.

In this case, it is also a German citizen who died in the same Ghetto

Unfortunately, it seems that had the same fate as the old woman

a greeting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kennkarte-Germany 1939